Old 23-02-2006, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

Default Black Elder: harmful if eaten?

In article , Sacha
writes
On 23/2/06 16:12, in article , "newsb"
wrote:

On the subject of that modest bloke that owns the Isle of Wight - he
wasn't on that cruise that hot-footed to South america without stopping
was he?

Do we care? ;-)

Only in an innocently evil sort of way

--
regards andyw
Old 23-02-2006, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ews.net,
"Sue" writes:

| If you see that tv programme 'It's Me or the Dog', it appears a lot of
| people treat their poor animals as Barbie doll substitutes! :-/

Personally, I think that sort of canine pest should be something
for the Barbie!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 23-02-2006, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

I just realised I haven't seen "that" troll around lately.

I just kept quiet - hoping.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 23-02-2006, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

That dog *really* didn't want her to go anywhere, did he?

Another sad case of an untrained dog-owner, methinks. I don't want to
belittle anybody, as it can seem difficult to train a dog, especially if
one has the bizarre soppy attitude to animals some British people have;
but if one lets a pet get into that kind of habit, one really has only
oneself to blame. Dogs _like_ being strictly trained; in fact, it's
emotional abuse to deprive them of it. If one doesn't enjoy working and
playing with dogs, there's not much point in having one at all. /rant

OTOH, dogs have feelings, and if that feeling is of rejection (owner
gone away and left him) it may result in frustration and a need to be
doing *SOMETHING* - and there's not a lot a dog can do when shut in a
car.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 23-02-2006, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from newsb contains these words:
wrote:

On the subject of that modest bloke that owns the Isle of Wight - he
wasn't on that cruise that hot-footed to South america without stopping
was he?

Do we care? ;-)

Only in an innocently evil sort of way

hides torpedo behind back

Innocent?

/torpedo

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 23-02-2006, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 23/2/06 17:36, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ews.net,
"Sue" writes:

| If you see that tv programme 'It's Me or the Dog', it appears a lot of
| people treat their poor animals as Barbie doll substitutes! :-/

Personally, I think that sort of canine pest should be something
for the Barbie!

Here Ken, Ken, Ken........
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 24-02-2006, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 23/2/06 17:36, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:
In article ews.net,
"Sue" writes:

| If you see that tv programme 'It's Me or the Dog', it appears a lot of
| people treat their poor animals as Barbie doll substitutes! :-/

Personally, I think that sort of canine pest should be something
for the Barbie!

Here Ken, Ken, Ken........

Disclaimer: prices of Barbie sets are totally outwith my knowledge, so
all prices are speculative...

Father, in toyshop: "Have you any Barbie sets, please?"

Assistant: "Yes sir, we have Wedding Barbie, Riding Barbie, Skiing
Barbie, Housewife Barbie, Party Barbie, Business Barbie, Cowgirl Barbie,
S-M Barbie, Motorbike Barbie, and Divorced Barbie.

Father: "Oh, and how much are they?"

Assistant: "They're all nineteen pounds ninety-nine, sir, except
Divorced Barbie, which is a hundred and ninety-nine pounds,
ninety-nine."

Father: "Good Lord! Why is Divorced Barbie so expensive?"

Assistant: "She comes with Ken's car, Ken's portfolio, Ken's watch,
Ken's dog, Ken's house, Ken's..."

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig