Old 02-03-2006, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:34:36 +0000, Martin wrote
(in article ):

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:35:04 -0000, "Sla#s"
wrote:

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
I am a member of a newsgroup called uk.rec.gardening.

SNIP
I am told by others that the intention of these
pests
is to shut down the uk hierarchy and that uk.rec.gardening is not the
only
group targeted. Surely Wanadoo can do something to block this rubbish
before it hits our screens?

Don't worry Wannadoo have listened to all these complaints and ......
..... are stopping all newsgroups from 7th March.*

I'm moving to another ISP but am still in the 12month contract period.
However as far as I am concerned they are in breach of contract - but they
don't reply to emails and so far letters either.

Slatts
*Posted 17/2/06

"Dear Wanadoo Newsgroups reader and user,

From 17th March, the way you read your Newsgroups will be changing. We'll no
longer be able to provide a Usenet/Newsgroups feed.

Although we cannot ourselves recommend an alternative Usenet/Newsgroups
service, the following is a brief list of operators recommended by newsgroup
viewers and contributors:

(List of free news servers)

Thanks for your contributions to Usenet over the years - and sorry that we
can't continue our service.

Yours,
"

Interesting, I haven't had the equivalent from wanadoo.nl

Google groups conspiracy?

If you aren't interested in binaries I recommend News.individual.net

I very much second that. No longer free but only 10 Euros a year, and
excellent. You get what you pay forg

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 02-03-2006, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Flower Bobdew

In article , Martin
writes
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:58:42 +0000, Flower Bobdew
wrote:

In article , Crazy Dog
writes

"Martin Brown" wrote in message

pruned

Telia appear to be thoroughly incompetant to be taken for a ride from
the same injection point on two days running.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one to report it to on both days.

You weren't.

Did you get a reply?

Nope.

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Saxman

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:34:36 +0100, Martin wrote:

If you aren't interested in binaries I recommend News.individual.net

This one is free.

http://news.datemas.de/
Old 02-03-2006, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Martin contains these words:

I'm sure I wasn't the only one to report it to on
both days.

You weren't.

Did you get a reply?

I didn't.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 2/3/06 16:24, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...

snip

One of the many nice things about being married to Ray is that seed
sowing starts early in the nice warm prop. house and it's a wonderfully
cosy
place to be on a cold day!

Please, please, please, you are making me quite jealous!

Alan

;-) Sorry, Alan - but at least I do KNOW that I'm lucky!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 03-03-2006, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

I have emailed and received a response from telia regarding spam messages
first response was to ask which company I represented, second response was
to confirm my message had been passed to internet security at telia.
see message heading re; abuse lower down for further details.
regards
Cineman
"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 2/3/06 0:11, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...

snipwhackprudiciously pruning, but great words
and examples

Interestingly today's little flood stopped after your post on my reader.
Fortunately my systems filter out 90 odd percent of the "stuff".

Commiserations with 16000 !

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

just to keep on the same page, Sacha, I, too sent a letter to the
after reading your post. I only attached one. I
wish I
could have sent them the 160 that were there when I came here. Anyone
else
I can send these things to that might get the asshole who's written them
into deep shit? snip

The obvious place to complain to is telia. com but writing to your own ISP
or any other ISP you can see in these morons' headers should start to
bring
some pressure to bear. And I'm looking forward to the spring newsletter.
This morning we have a heavy frost - for Devon! Everything is white with
the exception of the lawn under the big cedar tree. The ponds are frozen
over and the dogs are looking as if they're contemplating their own re-run
of the figure skating Olympics! But the sky is blue and the sun is
shining.
The birds are flirting madly and the rooks are doing their usual
half-witted
thing of dropping nest-making sticks onto the ground and then lumbering
back
up to the woods to get more, rather than simply going down to the earth
beneath their rookery to pick up the ones they dropped!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 03-03-2006, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sla#s

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...

SNIP
Interesting, I haven't had the equivalent from wanadoo.nl

Google groups conspiracy?

If you aren't interested in binaries I recommend News.individual.net

I very much second that. No longer free but only 10 Euros a year, and
excellent. You get what you pay forg

That's the annoying part - I have already paid for it, Wanadoo then stop it
yet I still have to pay them the same then on top of that have to pay
someone else to restore the same level of service!

Slatts

Old 03-03-2006, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sla#s

"Martin" wrote in message
SNIP
That's the annoying part - I have already paid for it, Wanadoo then stop
it
yet I still have to pay them the same then on top of that have to pay
someone else to restore the same level of service!

If Wanadoo have changed their terms and conditions and/or what they
offer you can demand your money back

I agree, an unofficial legal opinion agrees but they refuse to reply to any
communication.

Slatts

Stop Heaping Abuse on Me So That Nothing More Will Be Posted On February 21st Daryl S. Kabatoff Freshwater Aquaria Plants 11 27-02-2004 03:17 AM
Redforeman Continues To Heap Abuse On Me Daily Daryl S. Kabatoff Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 26-02-2004 06:16 PM
Time to make this "abuse complaint week" against you know who! The PW of course! Nomen Nescio Gardening 2 25-08-2003 07:42 AM
Fish abuse? jammer Ponds 11 27-01-2003 02:54 PM
Home Care Elderly Abuse? Steve Harris United Kingdom 4 22-01-2003 08:06 PM