Old 06-03-2006, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JW

Default Up to 120cm plants or shrubs..??

Friend in need of advice.. her em reads thus: she's after shrubs up to
a height of 120

Ao far I've advised her thus. see below. I really need to start
charging people for advice... It's ****ing me off to live on low income/

JW

Have you considered a climbing rose that you can cut back, or a climer
that you can just prune when needed.
Or a dwarf apple or other fruit tree that won't get too high. You
could certainly contact your local horticulture society.. However I'll
ask around for you.. A dogwood would be nice, they come in some very
bright colours.

Do you know of a website where if you type in the height required
for a particular shrub/hardy plant it will give you a list?

We have a wall which we want to line with hardy plants and they need
to be 120cm max height?

Thanks for any help to two non gardeners!

--
My Blog at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/sw33tf00l/
Old 06-03-2006, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 6/3/06 20:32, in article , "JW"
wrote:

[...]

This is a question that I think almost every nurseryman is familiar with
"What can we plant that will grow to X height and stop?" I think that if we
sold shears we'd answer that question more readily. ;-)
What her plants do and what she plants will depend on where she lives but
she could live with (and maybe trim occasionally) Camellias and
Rhododendrons, Cornus (as you said) Viburnums, Hydrangeas etc. etc. But
tell her that while nobody has yet bred a plant that will go to 120cms and
stop, someone has invented secateurs. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk