Old 09-03-2006, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Simon

Default Do any charities take plastic plant pots?

I have accumulated a large number of plastic plant pots that I want to throw
out. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that take these? It
would be a shame to put them in the dustbin.

Simon
Old 09-03-2006, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Simon" wrote
I have accumulated a large number of plastic plant pots that I want to
throw out. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that take
these? It would be a shame to put them in the dustbin.

I think we all accumulate heaps of these and in my area at least they
aren't allowed in the recycling waste.

Is there a local gardening group/club that might have a use for them? If
not you could try offering them online on your local freecycle group - a
good way of finding new homes for stuff you can't
sell but don't want to dump. See UK links on http://www.freecycle.org/

--
Sue

Old 09-03-2006, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Simon
writes
I have accumulated a large number of plastic plant pots that I want to throw
out. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that take these? It
would be a shame to put them in the dustbin.

Simon

If you can't find anywhere else try a local NGS garden. Either they can
use them to pot up the plants for sale, or they can sell them off at the
plant sale table.

Or the local allotments association.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 09-03-2006, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Simon wrote:
I have accumulated a large number of plastic plant pots that I want
to throw out. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that
take these? It would be a shame to put them in the dustbin.

Simon

Ask at the charity shops: one of them accepted a stack from me once -- I
think it was the Carmarthen Oxfam.

--
Mike.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

Simon wrote:
I have accumulated a large number of plastic plant pots that I want to throw
out. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that take these? It
would be a shame to put them in the dustbin.

Simon

I'd say your local allotment association would be only too happy to take
them.

Richard.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a

Old 11-03-2006, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Simon
writes
I have accumulated a large number of plastic plant pots that I want to throw
out. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that take these? It
would be a shame to put them in the dustbin.

Many charities sell plants and cuttings at fetes and in their shops. I
am sure one of them would be delighted to take the pots off your hands -
and to collect them from you. Alternatively, you could try your local
Rotary Club. Most of them have stalls at local fetes and make a good
profit on plants.
--
June Hughes
Old 11-03-2006, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Neil Cairns

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:53:25 +0000, Simon
wrote:

I have accumulated a large number of plastic plant pots that I want to throw
out. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that take these? It
would be a shame to put them in the dustbin.

Simon

Phone your local council and ask if they have a school that teaches
handy capped children horticulture, if they do they will be most
pleased to receive them.
Neil
Old 11-03-2006, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Simon" wrote in message
I have accumulated a large number of plastic plant pots that I want to
throw
out. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that take these?
It
would be a shame to put them in the dustbin.

Whereabouts are you, if you are anywhere near Slough I can point you to a
charity which would love to take them.

Alan

Simon