Old 15-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Registered User

Default My new website

Hello, I am writing to you all for a bit of advice, I am 21 years old and having finished university and joined the family business, I am trying to bring it into the 21st century with the use of the internet, I have recently setup a new website in which I aim to deliver stone products direct to your door from our quarry, missing out the middle man thus providing great value for money.

I have also recently moved into a run down cottage by our works, I shall be using our materials to create garden rockeries, pathways, dry stone walls, monolith statues, water features and shall be filming each project as a short DIY advice film for the website, to help people get inspiration on our products.

Basically my question to you is...do you think this would be of interest to yourself? and have you any suggestions for particular things which commonly cause hassle in the garden that are related to my products? I will then be able to research these items and hopefully have it as a part of my site.

If you fancy taking a look at my site the address is www.outlandstone.co.uk
Old 15-03-2006, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Hello, I am writing to you all for a bit of advice, I am 21 years old
and having finished university and joined the family business, I am
trying to bring it into the 21st century with the use of the internet,
I have recently setup a new website in which I aim to deliver stone
products direct to your door from our quarry, missing out the middle
man thus providing great value for money.

Hello. On your website I notice you sell 2 classes of pebbles
you describe as pea gravel. I've bought various diameters of pea
gravel and or pea shingle both for the garden and pot drainage,
and in tiny sizes for dressing cacti. I always assumed it was
called pea gravel because it was complete stones and roughly pea -
or rounded shape.

First up, Wickes sell small diameters of what I'd call small broken
shingle - stones broken into bits, which they've been calling pea
shingle for years now. And I notice some funny shaped stones in
your pea gravel pictures on your website..

So what precisely, is pea gravel, or pea shingle, please ?

michael adams

Jonathan

Old 18-03-2006, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Hello, I am writing to you all for a bit of advice, I am 21 years old
and having finished university and joined the family business, I am
trying to bring it into the 21st century with the use of the internet,
I have recently setup a new website in which I aim to deliver stone
products direct to your door from our quarry, missing out the middle
man thus providing great value for money.

Nice site :~)

I have also recently moved into a run down cottage by our works, I
shall be using our materials to create garden rockeries, pathways, dry
stone walls, monolith statues, water features and shall be filming each
project as a short DIY advice film for the website, to help people get
inspiration on our products.

Brilliant idea. We have a place like that here in Holland. it started out in a
small way years ago and is now a HUGE palce with masses of spin of stuff as well
as the paving etc. They are actually now open as an attraction in itself :~))
http://www.appeltern.nl/ and in English
http://www.appeltern.nl/appeltern_du_en.pdf

and someones personal photo page:
http://www.ics.ele.tue.nl/~mgeilen/p...appeltern.html