Old 17-03-2006, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mel

Default Weather Driving Me Nuts

This awful weather is driving me nuts! Up here in Bolton it's either
raining or snowing; the soil is either frozen or sodden, and the forecast is
for much of the same. I ventured onto my allotment yesterday and almost
lost my boots to the mud! All this talk of hosepipe bans "dahn sahf" is
very perplexing to me up here i't'north.

Old 17-03-2006, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 17/3/06 13:36, in article , "Mel"
wrote:

This awful weather is driving me nuts! Up here in Bolton it's either
raining or snowing; the soil is either frozen or sodden, and the forecast is
for much of the same. I ventured onto my allotment yesterday and almost
lost my boots to the mud! All this talk of hosepipe bans "dahn sahf" is
very perplexing to me up here i't'north.

We haven't had that much rain in the last two or three days but it's
bitterly cold. Yesterday, it was 3C and there was a strong wind during the
night. Today, there's still some wind, though slightly less, thank
goodness. It's what they call a 'lazy wind' - too lazy to go round you so
it cuts straight through you!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-03-2006, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Plantaganet

Not any better down here in Cambridgeshire. Looking back in my gardener's
diary to this time last year, I find that I had already prepared and seeded
a lawn! An impossible undertaking at the moment.
So much for global warming!
------

Old 17-03-2006, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave the exTrailer

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:36:10 GMT, "Mel" wrote:

This awful weather is driving me nuts! Up here in Bolton it's either
raining or snowing; the soil is either frozen or sodden, and the forecast is
for much of the same. I ventured onto my allotment yesterday and almost
lost my boots to the mud! All this talk of hosepipe bans "dahn sahf" is
very perplexing to me up here i't'north.

Cheer yourself up, Go out and laugh at the Muslims. It always cheers
me up to see them shivering their arses off.

Old 17-03-2006, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave the exTrailer

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:37:03 GMT, "Plantaganet"
wrote:

Not any better down here in Cambridgeshire. Looking back in my gardener's
diary to this time last year, I find that I had already prepared and seeded
a lawn! An impossible undertaking at the moment.
So much for global warming!

Look on the bright side.
It saves having to mow the lawn

Old 17-03-2006, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Mel" wrote
This awful weather is driving me nuts! Up here in Bolton it's either
raining or snowing; the soil is either frozen or sodden, and the forecast
is
for much of the same. I ventured onto my allotment yesterday and almost
lost my boots to the mud! All this talk of hosepipe bans "dahn sahf" is
very perplexing to me up here i't'north.

I went down the allotments and planted my shallots and onions sets on
Wednesday, beautiful sunny day and little wind but my point is the ground
was perfect for hoeing, unheard of this time of year, normally just mud.
Wellies came away clean too.
Rivers are at or even below normal summer levels, especially the Thames.
It's actually quite worrying seeing as they want to build goodness knows how
many more houses in the SE.
Mind you, there has been a big water leak at Hampton, just by the water
works, that was there for at least a fortnight if it's fixed yet. They just
put "Flood" and "Ice" signs out.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 17-03-2006, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Dave the exTrailer" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:36:10 GMT, "Mel" wrote:

This awful weather is driving me nuts! Up here in Bolton it's either
raining or snowing; the soil is either frozen or sodden, and the forecast
is
for much of the same. I ventured onto my allotment yesterday and almost
lost my boots to the mud! All this talk of hosepipe bans "dahn sahf" is
very perplexing to me up here i't'north.

Cheer yourself up, Go out and laugh at the Muslims. It always cheers
me up to see them shivering their arses off.

Dave the ex Troller or Trailertrash?

Old 18-03-2006, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Mel" wrote in message
This awful weather is driving me nuts! Up here in Bolton it's either
raining or snowing; the soil is either frozen or sodden, and the forecast is
for much of the same. I ventured onto my allotment yesterday and almost
lost my boots to the mud! All this talk of hosepipe bans "dahn sahf" is
very perplexing to me up here i't'north.

All the brass monkeys are hiding indoors in Holland because it s SO cold :~))
Brrrrrrrrr Jenny

Deer driving me nuts redclay Gardening 53 16-08-2004 02:56 AM
Deer driving me nuts paghat Ponds 12 16-08-2004 02:56 AM
Deer driving me nuts paghat Ponds 0 10-08-2004 10:26 PM
Deer driving me nuts John Bachman Gardening 0 24-07-2004 04:04 PM
Squirrel is driving me nuts Barry Texas 5 15-09-2003 12:42 PM