Old 20-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Registered User

Exclamation Looking for a Rose

Hi
I am looking for a supplier of a particular variety of Rose, as a present for my mother. The rose is called Jeanne LaJoie, and I gather it is a climber. It seems to be very easy to find on the US sites, but I've come up with nothing in the UK. My mother (Joie!) and aunt (Jeanne) were very close. Aunt died last year, and this rose would be a lovely reminder for my Mum. Thanks for your help.
Old 20-03-2006, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Looking for a Rose

"zillion50" wrote
I am looking for a supplier of a particular variety of Rose, as a
present for my mother. The rose is called Jeanne LaJoie, and I gather
it is a climber. It seems to be very easy to find on the US sites, but
I've come up with nothing in the UK. My mother (Joie!) and aunt
(Jeanne) were very close. Aunt died last year, and this rose would be a
lovely reminder for my Mum. Thanks for your help.

Nothing on the RHS plantfinder...

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/plantfinder.asp

Can you not buy it from the US?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 21-03-2006, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

I think there's likely to be a problem in terms of numbers of minimum
orders and the issuing of a phytosanitary certificate. It's certainly
worth an enquiry but it's not that easy to bring things in from the
States or to take them there, AFAIK.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 21-03-2006, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:19:38 -0000
"Bob Hobden" wrote:

"zillion50" wrote
I am looking for a supplier of a particular variety of Rose, as a
present for my mother. The rose is called Jeanne LaJoie, and I gather
it is a climber. It seems to be very easy to find on the US sites, but
I've come up with nothing in the UK. My mother (Joie!) and aunt
(Jeanne) were very close. Aunt died last year, and this rose would be a
lovely reminder for my Mum. Thanks for your help.

Nothing on the RHS plantfinder...

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/plantfinder.asp

Can you not buy it from the US?

Here's a place in France that grows it, although whether they
sell it or not is an open question.

http://www.cheminsdelarose.fr/pages2/welcome.htm

You could certainly contact them, if they can't sell you a
plant they may be able to tell you who can.

There are no certificates required between France and the UK.

HTH,

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 21-03-2006, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

Here's a place in France that grows it, although whether they
sell it or not is an open question.

maybe they would send you a cutting if you asked nicely?

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

looking for a rose rondoc Roses 1 09-04-2009 04:07 AM
different looking rose on an own roots rose [email protected] Roses 4 09-11-2005 10:38 AM
looking fro a certain rose variety Michelle Gardening 11 07-02-2004 05:32 PM
Looking for a rose JM Australia 2 15-01-2004 09:02 AM
Looking For *Smoky* Hybrid Tea Rose KarenS6556 Roses 2 27-02-2003 09:07 PM