Old 24-03-2006, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default recommend a chilli for growing outdoors ??

In the past, I have grown chillis on the windowsill of my flat - I now
have a garden and fancy having a go at growing some outdoors. Can
anyone recommend a specific variety that is 'easy a dn forgiving' for a
beginner ?? Looking for medium heat, and a nice bushy plant. Would be
happy to grow in either a pot or a bed.

Old 24-03-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Neil wrote...
In the past, I have grown chillis on the windowsill of my flat - I now
have a garden and fancy having a go at growing some outdoors. Can
anyone recommend a specific variety that is 'easy a dn forgiving' for a
beginner ?? Looking for medium heat, and a nice bushy plant. Would be
happy to grow in either a pot or a bed.

We have grown Thai Dragon outside on our allotments for years with good
success, they are short growing bushes covered in leaves and look quite
attractive by August covered in little white flowers, would be Ok in a
flower border. Only trouble is they are hot.
We find a feed or two of seaweed extract helps them along.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 25-03-2006, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC

Bob Hobden wrote:
Neil wrote...

In the past, I have grown chillis on the windowsill of my flat - I now
have a garden and fancy having a go at growing some outdoors. Can
anyone recommend a specific variety that is 'easy a dn forgiving' for a
beginner ?? Looking for medium heat, and a nice bushy plant. Would be
happy to grow in either a pot or a bed.

We have grown Thai Dragon outside on our allotments for years with good
success, they are short growing bushes covered in leaves and look quite
attractive by August covered in little white flowers, would be Ok in a
flower border. Only trouble is they are hot.
We find a feed or two of seaweed extract helps them along.

Thanks - I'll give them a go.