Old 07-04-2006, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Seedlings to pots? OT

"Lyndon" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
I have a recipe like that somewhere..........full of smidgens, dollops,

splash etc. I'll see if I can find it tommorow :~))
Jenny

I'm trying to get to grips with cooking, and my children reckon I need
formulae not recipes. So I look forward to reading to reading yours if you
do find it.
Lyndon

Found it :~))
Have put it up on my home page:
http://www.ljconline.nl/indexjennyrecipe.htm

enjoy :~)

Old 16-04-2006, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:35:25 +0100, JennyC wrote
(in article ):

"Lyndon" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
I have a recipe like that somewhere..........full of smidgens, dollops,

splash etc. I'll see if I can find it tommorow :~))
Jenny

I'm trying to get to grips with cooking, and my children reckon I need
formulae not recipes. So I look forward to reading to reading yours if you
do find it.
Lyndon

Found it :~))
Have put it up on my home page:
http://www.ljconline.nl/indexjennyrecipe.htm

Oh, that was so funny Jenny. Hope you don't mind but I've sent the link to a
couple of my friends since I know it will make them laugh as well.

Time to share my favourite recipe (from an 1896 cookery book) for Syllabub:

Take a large china bowl (a punch bowl is the most suitable for the purpose),
put into it half a pound of lump sugar, the strained juice of a lemon, a pint
of sherry, a glassful of brandy, and three-quarters of a pint of cream beaten
with white of egg. Stir the mixture briskly for a minute or two, and put a
dozen ratafias into it. Take it to the dairymaid, and let her milk the cow
into the bowl until it is quite full. Put it away and let it remain
untouched till the following day. Grate a little nutmeg on the top, and
serve.

I've never quite had the courage to try this at homeg

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 16-04-2006, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:35:25 +0100, JennyC wrote
(in article ):

"Lyndon" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
I have a recipe like that somewhere..........full of smidgens, dollops,
splash etc. I'll see if I can find it tommorow :~))
Jenny

I'm trying to get to grips with cooking, and my children reckon I need
formulae not recipes. So I look forward to reading to reading yours if you
do find it.
Lyndon

Found it :~))
Have put it up on my home page:
http://www.ljconline.nl/indexjennyrecipe.htm

Oh, that was so funny Jenny. Hope you don't mind but I've sent the link to a
couple of my friends since I know it will make them laugh as well.

Not at all. That's the rgeeat thing about teh web - sharinf stuff:~)

I mailed the autors publisher about it and recieved the follwoing reply :~)

Many thanks for your message. I'm delighted that you remember
that ancient piece, and was amused by the animated pictures you'd added
before and aft.
If you ever need another copy you'll find it reprinted in The
Original Michael Frayn, which is published by Methuen.
Michael Frayn

Time to share my favourite recipe (from an 1896 cookery book) for Syllabub:

Take a large china bowl (a punch bowl is the most suitable for the purpose),
put into it half a pound of lump sugar, the strained juice of a lemon, a pint
of sherry, a glassful of brandy, and three-quarters of a pint of cream beaten
with white of egg. Stir the mixture briskly for a minute or two, and put a
dozen ratafias into it. Take it to the dairymaid, and let her milk the cow
into the bowl until it is quite full. Put it away and let it remain
untouched till the following day. Grate a little nutmeg on the top, and
serve.

What on earth are ratafias??

I've never quite had the courage to try this at homeg
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Go on - live dangerously :~)
Jenny

Old 16-04-2006, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:32:23 +0100, JennyC wrote
(in article ):

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...

snipppety snip

Time to share my favourite recipe (from an 1896 cookery book) for Syllabub:

Take a large china bowl (a punch bowl is the most suitable for the purpose),
put into it half a pound of lump sugar, the strained juice of a lemon, a
pint
of sherry, a glassful of brandy, and three-quarters of a pint of cream
beaten
with white of egg. Stir the mixture briskly for a minute or two, and put a
dozen ratafias into it. Take it to the dairymaid, and let her milk the cow
into the bowl until it is quite full. Put it away and let it remain
untouched till the following day. Grate a little nutmeg on the top, and
serve.

What on earth are ratafias??

Small biscuits flavoured with almonds.

I've never quite had the courage to try this at homeg

Go on - live dangerously :~)

Not many dairymaids round hereg