Old 23-04-2006, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hzatph

Default Ultrasonic Mole Repellant

Does anyone have any experience of whether these things work and how big an
area they can protect? We have around 0.75 acre of garden (3000 sq m) which
was damaged last autumn. If we got 2 or three of these devices would they
keep the moles out or should I try to trap them.

Thanks

Old 23-04-2006, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me

"Hzatph" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience of whether these things work and how big
an area they can protect? We have around 0.75 acre of garden (3000 sq m)
which was damaged last autumn. If we got 2 or three of these devices would
they keep the moles out or should I try to trap them.

http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/...les/index.html

Might help

Old 24-04-2006, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rick

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:55:31 +0100, "Hzatph" wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of whether these things work and how big an
area they can protect? We have around 0.75 acre of garden (3000 sq m) which
was damaged last autumn. If we got 2 or three of these devices would they
keep the moles out or should I try to trap them.

Thanks

FYI...

I was in a DIY store in France yesterday, and I came across an anti mole device that I have never
seen before, it consisted of a small charge that you place in the mole tunnel and an electronic
detonator on a spike that the charge is connected to. I presume that when the mole touches the
charge, it explodes. Thus no more mole. It was quite expensive if I remember about 70.00 Euros. A
replacement set of charges, about 20 as I recall, cost about 30.00 Euros.

Imagine it, being in bed at night and hearing a muffled thump from the garden and knowing that there
is one less mole in the world Grin

However, quite what the Police and the neighbors would say is another matter.

There was also Cyanide based mole poison on the same shelf.

It was the DIY store next to the Auchan in Calais

You could also have a look at http://www.dumville.org/moles.html most interesting.

Rick...
Rick... (The other Rick)