Old 13-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered User

Wink Best ULtrasonic device for cats please

First of all, I am glad to have joined the forum and have enjoyed reading some of the posts.

I am having trouble with a cat that keeps fouling right next to my house(10cm). To make matters worse there is an air brick vent there - I am sure the smell is travelling into my house.

I have tried cat powder and mothballs, both made no difference. I am thinking of getting a device that sends ultrasonic sound out. It has to run off batteries and be water proof and above all work!

Can anyone provide a link to a device that they have tried and know that it works well?
Old 14-09-2010, 06:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Best ULtrasonic device for cats please

Moonman2 wrote:
First of all, I am glad to have joined the forum and have enjoyed
reading some of the posts.

I am having trouble with a cat that keeps fouling right next to my
house(10cm). To make matters worse there is an air brick vent there
- I am sure the smell is travelling into my house.

I have tried cat powder and mothballs, both made no difference. I am
thinking of getting a device that sends ultrasonic sound out. It has
to run off batteries and be water proof and above all work!

Can anyone provide a link to a device that they have tried and know
that it works well?

Whose cat is it? Is there no way the owner can keep it out of your yard?

David
Old 14-09-2010, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Moonman2 wrote:
First of all, I am glad to have joined the forum and have enjoyed
reading some of the posts.

I am having trouble with a cat that keeps fouling right next to my
house(10cm). To make matters worse there is an air brick vent there
- I am sure the smell is travelling into my house.

I have tried cat powder and mothballs, both made no difference. I am
thinking of getting a device that sends ultrasonic sound out. It has
to run off batteries and be water proof and above all work!

Can anyone provide a link to a device that they have tried and know
that it works well?

Whose cat is it? Is there no way the owner can keep it out of your yard?

David

What planet do you live on? There is no way you can keep a cat out of a
yard, except to motivate it NOT to come into the yard. I had a cat that
terrorized my cat for months. I got a HavAHart trap, and set it. I caught
the cat. I hosed it down very good so that it would go home clean. Upon
release, the cat never ever came on my property.

Steve

Old 14-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Registered User

Smile

David Hare-Scott[_2_];900257']Moonman2 wrote:
First of all, I am glad to have joined the forum and have enjoyed
reading some of the posts.

I am having trouble with a cat that keeps fouling right next to my
house(10cm). To make matters worse there is an air brick vent there
- I am sure the smell is travelling into my house.

I have tried cat powder and mothballs, both made no difference. I am
thinking of getting a device that sends ultrasonic sound out. It has
to run off batteries and be water proof and above all work!

Can anyone provide a link to a device that they have tried and know
that it works well?

Whose cat is it? Is there no way the owner can keep it out of your yard?

David

the one thing that i found worked for a male that was constantly peeing on my herb containers was to sprinkle coffee grounds into the containers--i just used the cheapest perk coffee grounds i could find--so far i havent had any problem with the male coming back. good luck. cyaaaaaa, sockiescat.
Old 14-09-2010, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Moonman2 wrote:
First of all, I am glad to have joined the forum and have enjoyed
reading some of the posts.

I am having trouble with a cat that keeps fouling right next to my
house(10cm). To make matters worse there is an air brick vent there
- I am sure the smell is travelling into my house.

I have tried cat powder and mothballs, both made no difference. I
am thinking of getting a device that sends ultrasonic sound out. It has
to run off batteries and be water proof and above all work!

Can anyone provide a link to a device that they have tried and know
that it works well?

Whose cat is it? Is there no way the owner can keep it out of your
yard? David

What planet do you live on? There is no way you can keep a cat out
of a yard,

It's just as well I wasn't suggesting that isn't it. The owner might be
persuaded to keep it at home, some do as a matter of course. The owner
might not know it wanders and be mortified that it causes problems. The
owner might not give a toss either but until you ask you don't know.

David

Old 15-09-2010, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

Moonman2 writes:

I am having trouble with a cat that keeps fouling right next to my
house(10cm). To make matters worse there is an air brick vent there - I
am sure the smell is travelling into my house.

What do you mean?
Do you smell the cat poop inside the house or not?

Cats usually bury their poop.
You might not smell it and the cats eventually fill the space
and move on.
Old 15-09-2010, 04:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

--
Moonman2

Bullets are ultrasonic, no? Oh, my bad. They're trans-sonic. But they
work.

Chris
Old 16-09-2010, 02:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in
:

It's just as well I wasn't suggesting that isn't it. The owner
might be persuaded to keep it at home, some do as a matter of
course. The owner might not know it wanders and be mortified that
it causes problems. The owner might not give a toss either but
until you ask you don't know.

or it could very well not *have* an owner. there are thousands of feral
cats in the US. there are lots of brain-dead morons that get cute
kittens, keep them for a few months & then dump the un-neutered
(because it costs money & it's "just a cat") animal out in the country
somewhere because it's no longer a cute little kitten, go back to the
pet store & get another cute kitten.
to the OP, a motion activated sprinkler should help with your problem.
there's no such thing as an ultrasonic animal deterrent (well, not one
that actually deters any animal. there's are plenty of places that will
happily take your money for something that doesn't do anything))
Old 16-09-2010, 02:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
enigma wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in
:

[...]

I've got a "stray" that I feed but will not come closer than 20 feet.
He? is blue black and looks like a small leopard. Leaves dead mice on
my porch. Guess I favor it as it looks like our deceased midnight.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI

Old 19-09-2010, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
enigma wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in
:

It's just as well I wasn't suggesting that isn't it. The owner
might be persuaded to keep it at home, some do as a matter of
course. The owner might not know it wanders and be mortified that
it causes problems. The owner might not give a toss either but
until you ask you don't know.

or it could very well not *have* an owner. there are thousands of feral
cats in the US. there are lots of brain-dead morons that get cute
kittens, keep them for a few months & then dump the un-neutered
(because it costs money & it's "just a cat") animal out in the country
somewhere because it's no longer a cute little kitten, go back to the
pet store & get another cute kitten.
to the OP, a motion activated sprinkler should help with your problem.
there's no such thing as an ultrasonic animal deterrent (well, not one
that actually deters any animal.

Actually, there is one device.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/23/tech/main4039016.shtml

there's are plenty of places that will
happily take your money for something that doesn't do anything))

--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude