Old 02-05-2006, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default automatic irrigation for greenhouse?

Anyone know how to rig up a simple irrigation system for a 8'x12'
greenhouse.
It is for when we are away for a few days (or 2 weeks this summer on
holidays) at a time.
I do not want to get into complicated timers are big expense but
wondered if there were any simple ways of doing it (maybe with a
cistern of some kind).

Des in Dublin

Old 02-05-2006, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner

specifically:

http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSi...uct/SDBDWK.htm

not easy to navigate to!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Anyone know how to rig up a simple irrigation system for a 8'x12'
Des in Dublin

Hi Des
You could put a line of capillary matting on your staging with both ends hanging in a trough of water (make sure the whole of the matting is soaked). The matting stays wet, the pots stay on the matting and draw up the moisture from the matting. Always good to have a friendly neighbour to check that there's enough water and nothing's getting fried in the sun. I've also got the Gravity bag/drip system for my grow bags - it's a fantastic bargain and provides a stress-free holiday!
Good luck!
Nathalie