Old 03-05-2006, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doobydoobydo

Default lifting bulbs from pots

Hiya
I have ten pots of daffs narcius (pardon spelling) and tulips. Don't know
what to do for best, lift them and store or leave in pots. I have room to
keep them in the pots.

If you suggest lifting, could you give me instructions for doing so.
Everytime I have done that before the bulbs have gone mouldy.

Thanks

PS grew some Sir winston Churchill daffs from BQ they are gorgeous and so
fragrant.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

I always feed mine well (with tomato food) and leave in pots. they seem to
last for years like this.

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Old 04-05-2006, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"H Ryder" wrote in message
I always feed mine well (with tomato food) and leave in pots. they seem to
last for years like this.

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

i always hate when people say "me too", but I'm going too :~)
Jenny

Old 04-05-2006, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

JennyC wrote:
i always hate when people say "me too", but I'm going too :~)

I always end up saying 'me three'. Strange that ;o)

Old 04-05-2006, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

i always hate when people say "me too", but I'm going too :~)

Where are you all going?

Janet.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doobydoobydo

Thanks I will do that then sounds like a lot less work than emptying and
drying and replanting.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore

On Wed, 03 May 2006 21:39:58 GMT, "H Ryder"
wrote:

I always feed mine well (with tomato food) and leave in pots. they seem to
last for years like this.

Hi Hayley
Where do you leave your potted bulbs during the summer?

Pam in Bristol
Old 07-05-2006, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bookworm

doobydoobydo wrote:
Hiya
I have ten pots of daffs narcius (pardon spelling) and tulips. Don't know
what to do for best, lift them and store or leave in pots. I have room to
keep them in the pots.

If you suggest lifting, could you give me instructions for doing so.
Everytime I have done that before the bulbs have gone mouldy.

I also grow my daffs in pots but I always need the same pots for
annuals later. I have not got a spare plot for putting the Daffs in to
die down so I have to ditch them as I find that if I take them out of
pots to dry there has not been enough feed in pots to make flower for
next year.

My neighbour has, as a consequence, just acquired about 500 bulbs and I
shall buy a fresh sackful next autumn. It does take the uncertainty out
of the operation though.