Old 09-05-2006, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davy

Default Just Sitting Round the Fire - in the Garden

One evening last week I had a bonfire and when it had died down to embers I
added some foil-wrapped potatoes and sausages. Wife and I spent a pleasant
evening sitting round the fire with a bottle of wine, just chatting and
enjoying the food and the warmth of the embers - must do it again.
This morning the Ferndale Lodge mail order garden catalogue fell out of my
magazine. On page 35 it describes a Fire Pit (bit like a round flat
barbeque) and a Fire Basket (bit like a nigh****chmans brazier).
Has anyone one any experience of these? Do they work?

cheers Davy

Old 10-05-2006, 06:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Davy" wrote in message
news
One evening last week I had a bonfire and when it had died down to embers
added some foil-wrapped potatoes and sausages. Wife and I spent a
pleasant
evening sitting round the fire with a bottle of wine, just chatting and
enjoying the food and the warmth of the embers - must do it again.
This morning the Ferndale Lodge mail order garden catalogue fell out of my
magazine. On page 35 it describes a Fire Pit (bit like a round flat
barbeque) and a Fire Basket (bit like a nigh****chmans brazier).
Has anyone one any experience of these? Do they work?

cheers Davy

Friends of ours have a Fire basket. Works OK, but I find one gets a cold
back !!
Jenny