Old 26-05-2006, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default East -West Dilemma

For the first, and now last, time in my life I have had to erect a trellis
which faces West or East,depending which way you look at it.
On the West facing side I have no problem with a plethora of plants I can
select.
What climbers do I plant on the East side which is shaded by trees.
?
Even if I find suitable subjects won't they just creep through the trellis
to the West?

Old 27-05-2006, 05:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

For the first, and now last, time in my life I have had to erect a
trellis
which faces West or East,depending which way you look at it.
On the West facing side I have no problem with a plethora of plants I can
select.
What climbers do I plant on the East side which is shaded by trees.
?

Golden hop ? It looks great in shade.

Even if I find suitable subjects won't they just creep through the
trellis
to the West?

Yeah, and if you try to make them go back they claim they'll get
killed if they get deported, and start demanding Plant Rights.

Janet.

--
Isle of Arran Open Gardens weekend 21,22,23 July 2006
5 UKP three-day adult ticket (funds go to island charities) buys entry

Naughty but Nice and I suppose the same applies to North/South
*The Golden hop* sounds a good idea (for plants as well) :-)

East & West Fruit NT United Kingdom 1 13-08-2011 07:00 PM
Moving food from the west back to the east William Wagner[_2_] Gardening 7 23-09-2007 07:37 PM
Raised garden North-South or East-West ? Bob Gardening 6 07-01-2007 11:18 PM
North to south or east to west (Rows) Colin Jacobs United Kingdom 7 18-12-2006 07:31 PM
greenhouse position - spine on east-west line? Brian United Kingdom 16 11-06-2004 09:49 AM