Old 18-06-2006, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Reid

Default strimmer

Following up to The Reid

Me too, but wait till you strim a big slug.

ummm. sushi.

I must say the brushcutter blade is very effective, although I
would recommend a full face shield and not working near other
people. Having strimmed my "paths" into something less like the
Serengeti, I attacked a neighbours and then his neighbours,
within two hours all nettle filled corners of the alotments have
been cleared in an orgy of destruction, along with one or two
bean canes and the odd shed. I have been into parts of the
compound never before visited by man. Nettles and brambles fall
before me. Nature is vanquished. I am STRIMMERMAN, oh, sorry, got
carried away for a moment.
Expensive but excellent and a cuckoo has joined our parakeets,
egret, woodpeckers and sparrowhawk. Things are looking up.
--
Mike Reid
Shetland, Yell and Unst
Old 19-06-2006, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Reid

Following up to Janet Baraclough

You've reminded me why, after his first rampage, I never used to let
John loose with our brushcutter and always did it myself. Ditto, the
Sheen flame gun, just as much fun but even more potential for a chap to
play at being Arnold Schwarzenegger:-)

Flame gun? That sounds even better. Why did nobody tell me about
them?

I can see the local press "Scorched earth policy at local
allotments"

If you use the brushcutter a lot I recommend you look up something
called "white finger" and follow the appropriate steps to protect
yourself against it.

thats one reason I got a 4 stroke, whixch I understand helps.
Its got an overhead cam, you know. I wonder if it can be hotted
up? Maybe a spoiler on the guard?

Strimmer ? Ted[_4_] United Kingdom 1 17-04-2009 06:03 PM
Strimmer advice needed. (was How to rewind line on to strimmer head?) Adam Lipscombe United Kingdom 2 22-05-2008 02:22 PM
Where to buy a petrol strimmer? Mike United Kingdom 8 08-06-2003 04:32 PM
Where to buy a petrol strimmer? Mike United Kingdom 6 05-06-2003 08:44 AM
electric shock from my strimmer Charlieb United Kingdom 6 17-10-2002 01:31 PM