Old 20-06-2006, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Nasturtiums Under Attack By What ?

My Nasturtiums up until this morning had good healthy leaves.However when I
looked this morning several of them have white blotches on the leaves and
some of these were partly eaten.

Are the white blotches due to aphids or similar pests and if they are can I
spray my other healthy specimens with a bug spray ?

I have uploaded two pictures, one of a good plant and blotched specimens.
Sorry about the quality. http://tinyurl.com/rhxv6

Any info on this attack would be welcome as last year I had nasturtium
flowers which lasted all of one week and the plants all died a week later.
This is putting me off trying again next year.

Old 20-06-2006, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"M" [email protected] writes:

| Any info on this attack would be welcome as last year I had nasturtium
| flowers which lasted all of one week and the plants all died a week later.
| This is putting me off trying again next year.

Try them in pots, full of a very sandy mix. The golden rule with
naturtiums is to treat them rough - they thrive in dry, VERY poor
soils. Fertilise them only if you want leaves for salads.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 20-06-2006, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"M" [email protected] writes:

| Any info on this attack would be welcome as last year I had nasturtium
| flowers which lasted all of one week and the plants all died a week later.
| This is putting me off trying again next year.

Try them in pots, full of a very sandy mix. The golden rule with
naturtiums is to treat them rough - they thrive in dry, VERY poor
soils. Fertilise them only if you want leaves for salads.

I can't get rid of mine. There's always one somewhere! I find them best
in hanging basket. Also the place of the OP looks to be in the shade.
Mine thrive in full sun.

Nasturtiums - nasturtiums.jpg Ann Garden Photos 3 04-08-2007 10:46 PM
Peruvian Lily Under Attack Fleemo Gardening 0 11-03-2004 01:32 AM
Bay tree under attack tkingham United Kingdom 0 26-08-2003 11:14 PM
under attack Hank Pagel Ponds 25 10-07-2003 10:58 PM
NG Under Attack Again? LeeAnne Gardening 6 25-02-2003 03:27 AM