Old 23-06-2006, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jane

Default Wilted Pumpkin

A pumpkin plant on my allotment is ailing and I wonder if anyone knows what
might be wrong with it? The plant looks like it needs watering, the leaves
are all limp and wilted. However, the soil is quite damp due to it having
rained for the past few days, and also I've kept it well-watered. Can
anyone advise? Thanks.

Old 23-06-2006, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jane writes
A pumpkin plant on my allotment is ailing and I wonder if anyone knows what
might be wrong with it? The plant looks like it needs watering, the leaves
are all limp and wilted. However, the soil is quite damp due to it having
rained for the past few days, and also I've kept it well-watered. Can
anyone advise? Thanks.

Limp leaves are usually caused by lack of water getting to them - if
there's plenty of water around, you need to look at the delivery system.
Have slugs chewed through the stem? Have the roots rotted?

--
Kay

identifying new pumpkin was re; pumpkin curry soup meee Australia 1 28-11-2005 03:14 AM
Help, Kyushu Hydrangea plant with wilted leaves Dying ississauga Gardening 3 10-08-2004 05:51 AM
wilted aloe leaves moonpie Gardening 1 10-06-2004 07:02 PM
Help for Wilted Tomato Plants :( Fleemo Gardening 4 03-06-2004 12:02 PM
Magnolia looking Wilted? Dawn Gardening 4 12-05-2004 01:02 AM