Old 04-07-2006, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sena

Default Another plant id please

said...

"Sena" wrote in message
t...
said...
Several plant saps have been
used to 'cure' warts.

Do any of them work?

Over many years all sorts of charms have been successful it seems, medics
don't know why they work but they seem to. It could be coincidence of
course, warts do often go away by themselves.

My husband's been advised (don't know by whom) to
put dandelion sap on his wart. Whether or not he has, I know not.

Has it gone?

:-)

No, because he only very rarely remembers to pick a dandelion.

I don't know why warts are a problem, unless they grow differently of course
when they need attention.

This one's on the side of his thumb. He had it cut out (ouch) and it
regrew. He had it frozen (ouch again) and it thumbed its nose at the
doctor doing the freezing and said something akin to 'nyeah nyeah nah
nyear nyear'. It's not that it's a problem so much that it catches on
things and then it can start to bleed or crack - which makes it uneven
on top so it catches on things and then it can start to bleed or crack -
which makes it uneven on top so...

I had one once on my arm, it's not there now. A grandson had a huge one on a
finger, it's not there now.

They do seem to do their own thing, regardless, don't they.
--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.