Old 05-07-2006, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pea_thrower

Default Bottlebrush cuttings

Good afternoon,

I've been offered the chance of taking some cuttings from a friend's
bottlebrush plant. Any advice on as to when and how the cuttings should
be taken, would be most welcome.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian

"pea_thrower" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good afternoon,

I've been offered the chance of taking some cuttings from a friend's
bottlebrush plant. Any advice on as to when and how the cuttings should
be taken, would be most welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been the very best year for bottlebrush I've known. They are
splendid and very attractive~ our peculiar summer seems to have been just
right for them..
Not the easiest to take but June/July is correct. Use 3to4" heeled,
semi-ripe, laterals. Use a 50% sand/peat mix and bottom heat of 20C. Will
take a few weeks to root.
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

snip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been the very best year for bottlebrush I've known. They are
splendid and very attractive~ our peculiar summer seems to have been just
right for them..
Not the easiest to take but June/July is correct. Use 3to4" heeled,
semi-ripe, laterals. Use a 50% sand/peat mix and bottom heat of 20C. Will
take a few weeks to root.
Best Wishes Brian.

Oh dear, my bottlebrush is been rubbish this year, I very nearly gave
it its marching orders :-)

kate
Old 05-07-2006, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kate Morgan writes:

| Oh dear, my bottlebrush is been rubbish this year, I very nearly gave
| it its marching orders :-)
|
| kate

Mine has been overwintering and has grown, but has not flowered. It is
only 1' high as yet.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pea_thrower

Brian wrote:
"pea_thrower" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good afternoon,

I've been offered the chance of taking some cuttings from a friend's
bottlebrush plant. Any advice on as to when and how the cuttings should
be taken, would be most welcome.

It has been the very best year for bottlebrush I've known. They are
splendid and very attractive~ our peculiar summer seems to have been just
right for them..
Not the easiest to take but June/July is correct. Use 3to4" heeled,
semi-ripe, laterals. Use a 50% sand/peat mix and bottom heat of 20C. Will
take a few weeks to root.
Best Wishes Brian.

Thanks for that Brian.