Old 16-07-2006, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EagleEyes

Default How to plant now

Guys,

I am starting my garden in 2 months, the soil is ready and I want to
start "playing around" with some fast growing flowers any suggestions
or any website you can advice me? the area is pretty big so I want to
try different varieties and then with time start to select them
depending on which ones better adjust to the soil and weather.

Thanks,

PA

Old 16-07-2006, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EagleEyes

Default What to plant

Yes,

I am posting in the UK, but my garden is in Portugal. I am moving there
soon...

Thanks

Old 16-07-2006, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Weatherlawyer

EagleEyes wrote:
Yes,

I am posting in the UK, but my garden is in Portugal. I am moving there
soon...

You'd be better of trying a US or Med site wouldn't you?

Old 16-07-2006, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"EagleEyes" wrote in message
ups.com...
Guys,

I am starting my garden in 2 months, the soil is ready and I want to
start "playing around" with some fast growing flowers any suggestions
or any website you can advice me? the area is pretty big so I want to
try different varieties and then with time start to select them
depending on which ones better adjust to the soil and weather.
Thanks, PA

Hot and dry are words that pring to mind!!
Look arounf the area where your garden is/will be, and see what other
people have......

garden sites:
http://www.mediterraneangardensociet...anches_PT.html
http://www.eventseye.com/fairs/event_tc81_9_1.html

Portugal forums:
http://www.portugal-info.net/forum/
http://www.pureportugal.co.uk/forum/

Jenny

Old 16-07-2006, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EagleEyes

No, it is in the north is not hot and dry. lowest temperatures in
winter temperatures are on average 3C and in summer the highest is now
with an average of 30. Rest of the year 12-20. Water is not a problem.
The backyard at the moment has beans, strawberries (finish one month
ago), onions, garlic, peas, cabages, letuce and tomatoes. I liked the
Bougainvillea option, will try to get some...

Next spring I already have a huge amount of stuff to plant, just wanted
to see some color before then!

Thanks