Old 16-07-2006, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant Identification Request - Is it a herb ?

I have a small bush like plant near my compost tip at the end of the garden.
I would be pleased if someone could identify this plant for which I have
uploaded pics at http://tinyurl.com/z3lut

The bush looks the same all year, always green, no smell, no flowers and I
would like to use the space for other plants.

I think I planted some herbs a few years ago so could it be a herb ?
Thanks.

Old 16-07-2006, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

M writes
I have a small bush like plant near my compost tip at the end of the garden.
I would be pleased if someone could identify this plant for which I have
uploaded pics at http://tinyurl.com/z3lut

The bush looks the same all year, always green, no smell, no flowers and I
would like to use the space for other plants.

It's a hebe. It should flower, but I think they're grown mainly for
their foliage.

I think I planted some herbs a few years ago so could it be a herb ?

Not if it doesn't smell
--
Kay
Old 16-07-2006, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian

"K" wrote in message
M writes
I have a small bush like plant near my compost tip at the end of the

garden.
I would be pleased if someone could identify this plant for which I have
uploaded pics at http://tinyurl.com/z3lut

The bush looks the same all year, always green, no smell, no flowers and

would like to use the space for other plants.

It's a hebe. It should flower, but I think they're grown mainly for
their foliage.

I think I planted some herbs a few years ago so could it be a herb ?

Not if it doesn't smell
--
Kay

~~~~~
If my feet smell and my nose runs I was probably born upside down!!
But cannot think of a better way to say it!
Best Wishes Brian

Old 16-07-2006, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 16/7/06 18:38, in article , "M"
[email protected] wrote:

I have a small bush like plant near my compost tip at the end of the garden.
I would be pleased if someone could identify this plant for which I have
uploaded pics at
http://tinyurl.com/z3lut

The bush looks the same all year, always green, no smell, no flowers and I
would like to use the space for other plants.

I think I planted some herbs a few years ago so could it be a herb ?
Thanks.

It's a Hebe. Depending on variety, some have lovely flowers. Perhaps in
autumn you could move it to another part of the garden with a bit more sun
(assuming it's not getting much sun now!) and then, if it still doesn't do
anything, chuck it!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-07-2006, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Sacha wrote:
On 16/7/06 18:38, in article , "M"
[email protected] wrote:

I have a small bush like plant near my compost tip at the end of the garden.
I would be pleased if someone could identify this plant for which I have
uploaded pics at
http://tinyurl.com/z3lut

The bush looks the same all year, always green, no smell, no flowers and I
would like to use the space for other plants.

I think I planted some herbs a few years ago so could it be a herb ?
Thanks.

It's a Hebe. Depending on variety, some have lovely flowers. Perhaps in
autumn you could move it to another part of the garden with a bit more sun
(assuming it's not getting much sun now!) and then, if it still doesn't do
anything, chuck it!

I have the same hebe in my garden, planted two years ago, and they
flowered for the first time this early summer. One of them was quite
odd: exactly half of the globe the bush forms flowered, the other half
did not.
I wouldn't chuck it regardless, it has interesting folliage, and can
look nice as a contrast to other plants - it does in my garden, and the
flowering this year was a bonus.

Cat(h)