Old 05-08-2006, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default mexican hats seeds

Hi,
I bought some "Seeds for Kids" one packet was called mexican hats, although
only 2 plants have come up and not in flower yet I was wondering if any one
could give the correct name for these plants ? Not a lot to go on I know.
Hopefully
Cineman

Old 05-08-2006, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , cineman
writes
Hi,
I bought some "Seeds for Kids" one packet was called mexican hats, although
only 2 plants have come up and not in flower yet I was wondering if any one
could give the correct name for these plants ? Not a lot to go on I know.
Hopefully
Cineman

Try this link

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/w...d/30/30.7.html
--
Paul reply-to is valid
Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5/8/06 00:06, in article ,
"cineman" wrote:

Hi,
I bought some "Seeds for Kids" one packet was called mexican hats, although
only 2 plants have come up and not in flower yet I was wondering if any one
could give the correct name for these plants ? Not a lot to go on I know.
Hopefully
Cineman

Google is your friend! Ratibida Columnaris
http://www.djroger.com/mexican_hat_flower.htm
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-08-2006, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 5/8/06 00:06, in article
,
"cineman" wrote:

Hi,
I bought some "Seeds for Kids" one packet was called mexican hats,
although
only 2 plants have come up and not in flower yet I was wondering if any
one
could give the correct name for these plants ? Not a lot to go on I
know.
Hopefully
Cineman

Google is your friend! Ratibida Columnaris
http://www.djroger.com/mexican_hat_flower.htm
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

Hi Saha.
Many thanks for link hope they suvive in the West Midlands. I am sure my
granddaughter will love those as she sowed them herself.
Regards
Cineman

Old 06-08-2006, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5/8/06 22:46, in article ,
"cineman" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 5/8/06 00:06, in article
,
"cineman" wrote:

Hi,
I bought some "Seeds for Kids" one packet was called mexican hats,
although
only 2 plants have come up and not in flower yet I was wondering if any
one
could give the correct name for these plants ? Not a lot to go on I
know.
Hopefully
Cineman

Google is your friend! Ratibida Columnaris
http://www.djroger.com/mexican_hat_flower.htm
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

Hi Saha.
Many thanks for link hope they suvive in the West Midlands. I am sure my
granddaughter will love those as she sowed them herself.

I do hope they do. Nothing engages children in gardening more than seeing
their own efforts come up and thrive.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk