Old 11-02-2005, 08:37 PM
junkyardcat

Default Transplanting Mexican Hats

I have some Mexican Hats that are well established in my pole garden (called
a pole garden because there is a birdhouse pole in the middle of it). The
foliage has already started coming up in one big clump, and I'd like to move
it. They are pretty plants, but tend to take over too much area, so I'd like
to move them where they can have all the room they want. My question
is...can I just dig up the whole big clump and transplant it to another
area, or will this kill them?

Thanks for any info
Angie

Old 11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Cereus-validus.....

What in the freak are you calling "Mexican Hats"?

Use the proper scientific name if you expect an intelligent reply,
trashypussy.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Cereus-validus.....

The problem is that's not the only plant commonly called "Mexican Hats".

The name is also given to several different succulents and other plants as
well.

"escape" wrote in message
Ratibida columnaris can be transplanted, but don't always survive. If you
do,
take the largest clump of soil with it as you can and make sure the ground
is
moist when you dig them out. Do not dig out dry soil with dry roots.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:12:39 GMT, "Cereus-validus....."
opined:

Old 12-02-2005, 12:05 AM
paghat

I thought mexican hats were a large round mushroom that grows on the walls
of mexican restaurants.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 12-02-2005, 01:28 AM
madgardener

Ratibidia, right?
madgardener who loves the red and the yellow Mexican Hat's.....g

Old 12-02-2005, 03:06 AM
bill

Intelligent reply? Not from you even if I DID have the scientific name..why
do you constantly belittle people in here...not enough attention at home?

To everyone else, I"m sorry, but when somebody calls you trashypussy, you
gotta say something back

. com...

Old 12-02-2005, 03:13 AM
junkyardcat

Oh wait...NOW I get it...trashypussy as in my ID junkyardcat!! Sorry for the
outburst ya'll You could've said trashy cat though, LOL!
Ah well...nobody's perfect

Angie

Old 12-02-2005, 03:29 AM
junkyardcat

Hi

I guess that's the name of them...I don't know for sure. But they are deep
brownish red and yellow and look like a sombrero

Angie

Old 12-02-2005, 05:53 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Now who do you think you are?

Bill the cat?

ACK!!!!

If you don't get it, its better if you don't say anything rather than make
yourself look stoopid.

Not everything looks better with blue bonnet on it, you twilly hairball.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:56 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Finally, her eyes are open!!!

It thought I was going to need to draw you a picture.

You must be a bit groggy after your cat naps.

Back to the original question: