Old 09-08-2006, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardening season finished?

I noticed that the local supermarkets are clearing all the garden stuff and
even the Garden Centres are starting to focus on Christmas.
I know that Sacha said we were having an early Autumn and is off abroad but
Summer ain't done yet is it?

Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
:I noticed that the local supermarkets are clearing all the garden stuff and
: even the Garden Centres are starting to focus on Christmas.
: I know that Sacha said we were having an early Autumn and is off abroad
but
: Summer ain't done yet is it?
:
No the apparent early autumn is because trees are discarding leaves in a
response to save themselves from the lack of water

www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Old 09-08-2006, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/8/06 07:54, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

I noticed that the local supermarkets are clearing all the garden stuff and
even the Garden Centres are starting to focus on Christmas.
I know that Sacha said we were having an early Autumn and is off abroad but
Summer ain't done yet is it?

I've had a couple of Christmas catalogues and an email announcing that a
range of Christmas cards is now available. I replied telling them that
while I appreciate competition is stiff, I will not be buying Christmas
cards from people who start pushing me in July!
And a few trees round here are starting to change colour - not going brown
from drought.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-08-2006, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Robert
wrote:

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
:I noticed that the local supermarkets are clearing all the garden stuff and
: even the Garden Centres are starting to focus on Christmas.
: I know that Sacha said we were having an early Autumn and is off abroad
but
: Summer ain't done yet is it?
:
No the apparent early autumn is because trees are discarding leaves in a
response to save themselves from the lack of water

And branches. My own 100ft high poplars have been losing quite large
dry branches at quite an alarming rate -- even more so if I happen to
be in the vicinity.