Old 12-08-2006, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue Sue is offline

Default invasion

What has happened to this newsgroup?

It used to be relatively rubbish- free but not any more.

Sue W.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

Old 12-08-2006, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ken Ken is offline

"Sue" wrote in message
What has happened to this newsgroup?

It used to be relatively rubbish- free but not any more.

Sue W.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

Its all the crossposting from other groups, which was commenced by Mike
Crowe, a prolific troll from the IOW!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , "Ken" www.surfbuad.co.uk writes:

| It used to be relatively rubbish- free but not any more.
|
| Its all the crossposting from other groups, which was commenced by Mike
| Crowe, a prolific troll from the IOW!

The first clause is largely true; the latter is not. Yes, he was guilty,
but he did not start the abuse.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

writes:

It used to be relatively rubbish- free but not any more.

Its all the crossposting from other groups, which was commenced
by Mike Crowe, a prolific troll from the IOW!

The first clause is largely true; the latter is not. Yes, he was
guilty, but he did not start the abuse.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Who cares who started it, there's no excuse for trolling. Can't we be left
to garden in peace?

Siggy

Old 12-08-2006, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Siggy" wrote ...
Who cares who started it, there's no excuse for trolling. Can't we be left
to garden in peace?

They are just the same as vandals on an allotment, they get pleasure in
upsetting others and ruining others enjoyment and hard work. Why they have
this negative and destructive attitude goodness knows. It's rather sad.
Like all vandals you either ignore them and work round them or go after them
personally big time and frighten them off, adult type discussion of their
problem with them, or their parents if they are young, will not work IME.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 12-08-2006, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Siggy" wrote
Nick Maclaren wrote:
"Ken" www.surfbuad.co.uk writes:
Its all the crossposting from other groups, which was commenced
by Mike Crowe, a prolific troll from the IOW!

The first clause is largely true; the latter is not. Yes, he was
guilty, but he did not start the abuse.

Who cares who started it, there's no excuse for trolling. Can't we be
left to garden in peace?

Try thinking of them as the Usenet version of garden pests - irritating
and troublesome but unfortunately part of The Scheme Of Things. Asking
for slugs and aphids to leave you in peace doesn't usually work very
well, so either zap with a pesticidal killfile, or a systemic delete key
for colonised threads, or ignore as you see fit.

--
Sue (the E Anglian one)

Old 12-08-2006, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:36:46 GMT, "Sue" wrote:

What has happened to this newsgroup?

It used to be relatively rubbish- free but not any more.

Sue W.

Just kill-file them. If it's an original message, I k-f by author as
they're the originator of the cross-post, and they don't appear again.
If it's a follow-up message I k-f by title. Keeps most of them off my
screen, although my k-f is rather large!

Using Forte Agent, BTW.

--
Chris

Old 13-08-2006, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Chris Hogg
writes
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:36:46 GMT, "Sue" wrote:

What has happened to this newsgroup?

It used to be relatively rubbish- free but not any more.

Sue W.

Just kill-file them. If it's an original message, I k-f by author as
they're the originator of the cross-post, and they don't appear again.
If it's a follow-up message I k-f by title. Keeps most of them off my
screen, although my k-f is rather large!

Using Forte Agent, BTW.

Some newsreaders allow you to killfile any message that is cross-posted
to another newsgroup, which can be very handy.

--
Malcolm

Pumpkin invasion cwe Edible Gardening 1 29-07-2003 06:02 PM
Small weevils invasion! Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 5 30-06-2003 06:20 PM
Centipede Invasion! Help! Anne Lurie North Carolina 4 20-06-2003 03:08 PM
juncus invasion Jahboy United Kingdom 4 26-04-2003 03:32 PM
fix for dying lawn and invasion of weeds? Lil Gardening 4 21-04-2003 05:32 PM