Old 16-09-2006, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Taunton nursery for sale

In case anyone is interested, the property section of our local paper is
advertising a nursery for sale for £575,000 as a guide price. It says that
it's in a rural location, has a south facing 5 bedroom house, a range of
poly-tunnels and glasshouses, 9 themed demonstration gardens and 4.8 acres
including woodland. The agent is Humberts and the phone no. is 01823 331234.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-09-2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

In case anyone is interested, the property section of our local paper is
advertising a nursery for sale for £575,000 as a guide price. It says that
it's in a rural location, has a south facing 5 bedroom house, a range of
poly-tunnels and glasshouses, 9 themed demonstration gardens and 4.8 acres
including woodland. The agent is Humberts and the phone no. is 01823 331234.

Hm, the propagation area sounds a bit cramped for Janet Tweedy :-)

Janet

Actually I was tempted for a few moments, by the sound of the property,
but it's a house and "rural" and we thought of a bungalow, and not quite
so isolated

My idea of heaven would indeed be a small nursery, don't think Tom's so
keen on any property where I can't hear him calling !
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 17-09-2006, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

;-) She'd fill that up in no time flat!

Ah but if it was a nursery I could give away any excess and just leave
myself one or two samples of each plant !

By the way Sacha, millions of thanks as the Hedychium is flowering its
socks off at the moment and the scent is fabulous. I have it in a large
pot in the cold greenhouse and it seems very happy though it is now
trying to escape the pot. How would I propagate it best?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 18-09-2006, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/9/06 23:06, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

;-) She'd fill that up in no time flat!

Ah but if it was a nursery I could give away any excess and just leave
myself one or two samples of each plant !

I'm keeping an eye on the Western Morning News property section.;-)

By the way Sacha, millions of thanks as the Hedychium is flowering its
socks off at the moment and the scent is fabulous. I have it in a large
pot in the cold greenhouse and it seems very happy though it is now
trying to escape the pot. How would I propagate it best?

With one eye only half open (we're going away tomorrow) Ray says just split
it when it's dormant. You know the rest re watering etc. ;-)
I'm so glad it's doing well for you and yes, the scent is delicious, isn't
it? I'm sure I've asked you this before but did we send you an Impatiens
tinctoria - my memory is just awful atm. We grow this in the glasshouses
but also in the garden and in a sheltered spot it survives the winter
outside my step son's cottage which is on the same land as we are. And do
you have the Clerodendron fargesii - if not, I think you might like to try
it.

Old 18-09-2006, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

By the way Sacha, millions of thanks as the Hedychium is flowering its
socks off at the moment and the scent is fabulous.

With one eye only half open (we're going away tomorrow) Ray says just split
it when it's dormant. You know the rest re watering etc. ;-)
I'm so glad it's doing well for you and yes, the scent is delicious, isn't
it?

Though strangely, I cut one bloom off just to bring in to the house for
the scent and when you open the front door it smells as if I have left a
petrol can in the hall
However once near the flower it smells wonderful again.

I'm sure I've asked you this before but did we send you an Impatiens
tinctoria - my memory is just awful atm.

No, not heard of that one, is it too tender for the Chilterns?

And do
you have the Clerodendron fargesii - if not, I think you might like to try
it.

Did grow Clerodendron, to se if I could from seed but then gave it away
as I wasn't sure quite where to put it as I don't plant into the soil in
the greenhouse and only keep it above freezing in the winter, though I
now have a heated bench plus one of those metal heated tray things that
can take five full seed trays. However it sounds hardy(ish) as Bluebell
Nurseries say it can make a tree, albeit some people think it smells of
drains

Think I'll try and see one first before trying! Did think of getting a
Virburnum either carlessi or the one that grows at Capel Manor which is
phenomenally fragrant but I can't remember which one it is !

Have successfully grown Plumbago capensis from seed this year but again
have now redistributed them amongst friends in return for cuttings of
things I don't have Very pretty blue flowers.

Do you know the name of the Ipomea with the HUGE bright baby blue saucer
sized flowers. Some are growing alongside Waterperry's restaurant. Just
blooming now. Haven't seen it before but saw it again when doing teas
for Ballinger Open Gardens yesterday.

Janet