Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-09-2006, 12:55 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening

Default Planning - Pond In Field ?

Hi

Another planing question....

Does anyone have any idea if I would be permitted to dig a small
wildlife pond, ~ 0 x 5 metres, in a field classified as agricultural
land ? The remainder of the field is to be planted as an orchard
(already approved by the LPA as part of a larger application).

The pond would be a wildlife pond, ie. not ornamental - no fish, no
fountains, no surrounding paving stones, and definitley no dwarf
statues ! It would be surrounded by natural growth and be akin to wild
ponds marked on the OS map of surrounding agricultural land. I am
hoping it would provide a refuge for indigenous wildlife and be more
imaginative use of otherwise very bland land.

I've tried asking my LPA, but all I get is "due to unprecendented
workload we are unable to answer your enquiry at the moment", in
essence meaning that I'll have to make an application to find out. Am
quite happy to pay the £295 application fee if this woudl have a
chance of success, but want to avoid doing so if its a non-starter.

Many thanks for any advice.