Old 26-09-2006, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Reprise of Devon meet idea

On 26/9/06 11:36, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:57:59 +0100, Judith Lea wrote
(in article ):

In article , Sacha
writes
June was quite right, I was indeed sipping a glass of Madeira m'dear when
some of the replies to my original post about this came into urg. From the
little catching up I've had time to do today, I think the general thinking
is now to move the possible meet to Judith's? In case it isn't, and we
decide to have two, then yes, Janet, I think three hours from you to us
should just about do it. We allow 3 to 3.5 hours to get to London from here
by car and Jim (I think it was Jim) Bovey Tracey is mere minutes from here -
20 perhaps and Exeter airport (just to give you a bearing) is about half an
hour. We just drove home from there this morning!
Can someone kindly bring me up to speed on the Norwich meet idea?

Welcome back Sacha, I have missed you. Now then, you are not getting
out of the Devon meet, I proposed a second one - and you are, as you
know, very welcome to stay in the house - plenty of rooms.

I am thinking next June or early July and all those attending will be
invited to dinner - no Sacha, I have not learnt to cook yet, I am
offering Edward as the Chef for the night, I am quite adept as the wine
hostess.

Well, throwing my hat in the ring, as it were, we would love to go to a meet,
and could manage Sacha's since I have a cousin at South Zeal where we could
stay I'm sure. Would also love to go to Judith's g but I think the journey
is more of a problem for us to Norfolk.

However I will watch this space to see what dates etc are decided.

Would you like to suggest a date, just to get the ball rolling? I know
there are others but it's nice to get a consensus of what's useful to most
people.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 26-09-2006, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message
The message
from "Charlie Pridham" contains these words:

Dependant on the date you decide on, we would be happy to see any urglers
who decided to make more of a break of it and venture down a little
further.
I am guessing you normally go for a weekend so we may be off working but
if
not would like to join in, though no chance of us getting away at that
time
of year (unless its work!) I will keep an eye on the thread to see what
you
all decide on. (7th & 8th July look quiet at present)

I too have marked that one in and do hope to get to the 'Meet'.

Jennifer

If a 'covered area' is required, I have two substantial gazebos. One 3
metres by 6 metres, one 3 metres by 9 metres. Smaller one used at a Fund
Raising Garden Party not too long ago. Also used within the main marquee at
the International Festival of the Sea at Portsmouth last year. Can be seen
on http://www.rnshipmates.com/ click photos, then rnshipmates then IFOS 2005
to see the gazebo

Easy to erect and travels in the boot of my car.

Mike

Old 26-09-2006, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the offer Mike but we are OK for covered area and have an small
marquee for overspill! :~)
The 7th 8th of July seems so far to be popular but I will wait and see as
others throw their hats in the ring.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 26-09-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith Lea wrote:
now how many
rooms is that I have given to prospective urglers? uhm! o.k. so I'm in
the garage

3 people replied. You said you had 5 rooms yawn

Old 26-09-2006, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Uncle Marvo
writes

Is there a river close by?

There is, close to me, The Wensum.
--
Judith Lea
Old 26-09-2006, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

At the first one I hosted Kay and family camped on the lawn. At the second,
someone put their motor home in our car park! There are many answers to
this problem..... ;-) I wonder if we can get Cormaic along to one of them.
That would be wonderful!

I've had 8 replies so far and all hope to come even if its just for the
day. I am going to email Cormaic and ask if he and Mrs. Taz would like
to come with Pester Girl and Slug Boy - do you remember the wonderful
anecdotes he used to post about them? Kay are you still in touch with
him?

Does anyone remember Jim Burgess, lovely chap, he hasn't posted for some
time - I hope he is o.k.

Jill Bell, you very kindly invited me to your meet but I couldn't go. I
do hope that you will come to Norwich, you can be sure of a warm
welcome.

Alan, are you and your wife coming from Windsor, plenty of room for the
caravan.
--
Judith Lea
Old 26-09-2006, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:04:20 +0100, Judith Lea wrote
(in article ):

In article et, Sally
Thompson writes

Well, throwing my hat in the ring, as it were, we would love to go to a
meet,
and could manage Sacha's since I have a cousin at South Zeal where we could
stay I'm sure. Would also love to go to Judith's g but I think the journey
is more of a problem for us to Norfolk.

However I will watch this space to see what dates etc are decided.

Norfolk shouldn't be a problem, you can stay the night, now how many
rooms is that I have given to prospective urglers? uhm! o.k. so I'm in
the garage

:-)

Well since my father's family came from Norfolk many moons ago, I could
always use the excuse for a little family history.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Old 26-09-2006, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

We did go to Bodmin for the day once, that took AGES on the motorways!

For the day is quite ambitious!

When you show dogs, even in a limited way, journeys become relative.
I know people from Buckinghamshire etc who go to Scotland and back with
just the few hours at the show in between
even more surprising...........
NO detour to take in the odd nursery.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 26-09-2006, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:00:21 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

On 26/9/06 11:36, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:57:59 +0100, Judith Lea wrote
(in article ):

snip

[...]

Well at the moment we have B&B bookings from 22nd/23rd June and 29th June to
3rd July, so would need to avoid those periods, but really I'm happy to fit
in with everyone else. We don't depend on the B&B for a living, so are very
happy to say we are full when we feel like a breakg.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Old 26-09-2006, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Judith Lea
writes

Janet, I don't know how to thank you, a veritable crate arrived this
morning full of cuttings; I really cannot express my thanks to you. I
will pot some up and take them to France in November and the others
will be planted soon.

Glad they arrived! I've still got stuff I can split and the other
Abutilon etc.
Some stuff hasn't rooted yet either so there may well be another parcel
after you come back from your holidays

I can't wait until this evening to go through them, Edward has strict
instructions to give them a little water and to keep them upright!

Some are quite small - that way I can do variety rather than size
Not much by way of very unusual stuff but I do have Thalictrums etc on
the go. The Semiaquilegia is very pretty and very tiny but worth
growing.

janet
Old 26-09-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article et, Sally
Thompson writes

Well since my father's family came from Norfolk many moons ago, I could
always use the excuse for a little family history.

Definitely worth a visit and in particular the lavender fields in
Norfolk. Looking forward to seeing you - I will post a date when I know
what my work schedule is for the university year 2007/08. I will know
this around mid-March 2007.

--
Judith Lea
Old 26-09-2006, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Judith Lea
writes
[...]

Did I say I would like to come, Judith? I think I did - must be getting
old! I can stay with m-in-l. We go back a long time, you and I - long
before urg - to the days of the demon new-users group.
--
June Hughes

Devon urg meet Sacha United Kingdom 2 16-05-2007 07:36 PM
Cleavers - a reprise Sacha United Kingdom 4 27-08-2006 02:25 PM
ingenious idea, or terribly stupid idea? Bob Texas 6 10-03-2005 12:41 AM
christmas gift reprise Christopher J Barown Orchids 5 03-02-2005 02:39 PM
[IBC] Fw: Kilns in Japan: Reprise, another interesting tidbit dalecochoy Bonsai 0 11-02-2003 03:55 PM