Old 28-09-2006, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Reprise of Devon meet idea

In article , June Hughes
writes
Did I say I would like to come, Judith? I think I did - must be
getting old! I can stay with m-in-l. We go back a long time, you and
I - long before urg - to the days of the demon new-users group.

You did June and you will be very welcome. Ah the days of Demon new
users, I remember you nearly took my head off for asking stupid
questions; I still ask them but these days I 'phone Demon - in fact when
you come to Norfolk I want you to have a look at Turnpike on my other
computer (1 for work and 1 for personal use ) as I cannot get Turnpike
to work on both).

Before the Norfolk meet, I will post in urg asking for details of all
your favourite food and what you don't like to eat.

Don't worry about the wine, we have loads at our house in France and I
will be bringing it back by the boot full .hic!

p.s. had an email from Kay and she will be asking Cormaic and Jane
Ranson and others that we knew and liked if they would like to come.
I've given all bedrooms away but we have two estate cars that be fitted
with blankets - no, only joking!
--
Judith Lea
Old 28-09-2006, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

Judith, if we do go with the 7th/8th July for Devon & possibly Cornwall is
that pinching dates you'd like to have your meet on. I know you mentioned
July as a possible for you so don't let the south west contingent muscle in
on your available dates. I just would like to have one that you can
actually get to this time! ;-)

Don't worry Sacha, I will fit in with everyone else. We are off to Le
Pin last week in July until September 1st so it definitely won't be held
then - just a thought what about a French urg meet?

We have 6 bedrooms there, some are triple rooms. The garden is gravel
gardening and I think quite successful. Cheap flights with Ryanair or
Flybee - or you could drive down (Auvergne) stay a few days and then go
on elsewhere for a holiday - if anyone is interested in an urg French
meet, would you post here so that I can reply to all - it is on topic
after all!!

I can guarantee great food, copious wine, laughter etc., and we have a
swimming pool for cooling off - sorry no swim up bar.

--
Judith Lea

Old 28-09-2006, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Judith Lea
writes

in fact when you come to Norfolk I want you to have a look at Turnpike
on my other computer (1 for work and 1 for personal use ) as I cannot
get Turnpike to work on both).

Good can we have a teach in on that subject as, according to Demon, you
have to buy two licences to use Turnpike on both machines. I wanted to
do that (though just look at mail and folders) and it seems it can't be
done ................

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 28-09-2006, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Judith Lea
writes

in fact when you come to Norfolk I want you to have a look at Turnpike on
my other computer (1 for work and 1 for personal use ) as I cannot get
Turnpike to work on both).

Good can we have a teach in on that subject as, according to Demon, you
have to buy two licences to use Turnpike on both machines. I wanted to do
that (though just look at mail and folders) and it seems it can't be done

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Janet. Demon lie.

I had trouble with Demon after Andy Mabbett reported me to them for
something I had not done. It got VERY nasty and I threatened Solicitor
action. They backed down and I received an apology from them. I then ditched
them and went with BT and Outlook Express. NEVER looked back Andy Mabbet
'net nanny number one' did me a huge favour. :-)) Thank you Andy where ever
you are. I can guess :-((

Do yourself a favour. Dump Demon

Mike
:-))

The truth will prevail :-))

Old 28-09-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Judith Lea
writes

in fact when you come to Norfolk I want you to have a look at Turnpike
on my other computer (1 for work and 1 for personal use ) as I cannot
get Turnpike to work on both).

Good can we have a teach in on that subject as, according to Demon, you
have to buy two licences to use Turnpike on both machines. I wanted to
do that (though just look at mail and folders) and it seems it can't be
done ................

Janet

Yes, Demon had told us that you had to buy a 'second seat' (for £16). We
tried for ages: phoned many times, wrote, emailed ... Whoever answered
kept saying they would do it, but nothing ever happened. Finally we gave
up. My husband uses Outlook Express to send all emails, but replies to
both of us both work and private) still have to come to me.

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 29-09-2006, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Klara
writes

Yes, Demon had told us that you had to buy a 'second seat' (for £16).
We tried for ages: phoned many times, wrote, emailed ... Whoever
answered kept saying they would do it, but nothing ever happened.
Finally we gave up. My husband uses Outlook Express to send all emails,
but replies to both of us both work and private) still have to come to me.

What's most annoying is that when I'm in the other room on my computer I
can't see the mail or newsgroups, so can't reply or refer to anything
unless I physically go onto Tom's machine and bring up Turnpike. We
don't want to connect with email, just see the folders. I can post out
using Pegasus.

When we phoned Demon they couldn't seem to help and gave the impression
that it would be a very difficult task

Janet

Old 29-09-2006, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Klara
writes

Yes, Demon had told us that you had to buy a 'second seat' (for £16).
We tried for ages: phoned many times, wrote, emailed ... Whoever
answered kept saying they would do it, but nothing ever happened.
Finally we gave up. My husband uses Outlook Express to send all
emails, but replies to both of us both work and private) still have to
come to me.

What's most annoying is that when I'm in the other room on my computer
I can't see the mail or newsgroups, so can't reply or refer to anything
unless I physically go onto Tom's machine and bring up Turnpike. We
don't want to connect with email, just see the folders. I can post out
using Pegasus.

When we phoned Demon they couldn't seem to help and gave the impression
that it would be a very difficult task

Janet

But they never actually say "No, it's not available." They prevaricate,
they finally say ok - but nothing happens.

The REALLY annoying thing for me is that when an email comes for Eric,
it's so much easier for him to say: 'oh, can you tell him that ...' That
was NOT our partnership agreement ;-)

Oh, and I get the 200 junk emails - whatever happened to Demon's spam
filter?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 29-09-2006, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Klara" wrote in message

But they never actually say "No, it's not available." They prevaricate,
they finally say ok - but nothing happens.

The REALLY annoying thing for me is that when an email comes for Eric,
it's so much easier for him to say: 'oh, can you tell him that ...' That
was NOT our partnership agreement ;-)

Oh, and I get the 200 junk emails - whatever happened to Demon's spam
filter?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Read my post on how Andy Mabbett did me a favour and I got rid of Demon
:-)))

I had two accounts with them. Now one with BT :-))))))

Mike

Old 29-09-2006, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
Good can we have a teach in on that subject as, according to Demon, you
have to buy two licences to use Turnpike on both machines. I wanted to
do that (though just look at mail and folders) and it seems it can't be
done ................

Demon told me that I can use Turnpike on both computers as they accept
that one cannot be on two computers at the same time. Hopefully this
hasn't changed - why not 'phone them again Janet and see what they say.
--
Judith Lea
Old 29-09-2006, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Klara
writes

Oh, and I get the 200 junk emails - whatever happened to Demon's spam
filter?

Klara, I had the same problem but Demon did sort it for me, I now reject
at least 100 junk emails a day without seeing them, Turnpike just tells
me how many were rejected
--
Judith Lea
Old 29-09-2006, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Judith Lea
writes
In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
Good can we have a teach in on that subject as, according to Demon,
you have to buy two licences to use Turnpike on both machines. I
wanted to do that (though just look at mail and folders) and it seems
it can't be done ................

Demon told me that I can use Turnpike on both computers as they accept
that one cannot be on two computers at the same time. Hopefully this
hasn't changed - why not 'phone them again Janet and see what they say.

We've phoned them twice now Judith and it's the same story, they expect
you to buy another copy to go on the other machine but also that then
you would need to set up some system for downloading the emails even if
you only want to see what's on the other machine!
P.s. Seems also that there will be no more upgrades to Turnpike. They
are not doing anymore, so we were told.

janet

Devon urg meet Sacha United Kingdom 2 16-05-2007 07:36 PM
Cleavers - a reprise Sacha United Kingdom 4 27-08-2006 02:25 PM
ingenious idea, or terribly stupid idea? Bob Texas 6 10-03-2005 12:41 AM
christmas gift reprise Christopher J Barown Orchids 5 03-02-2005 02:39 PM
[IBC] Fw: Kilns in Japan: Reprise, another interesting tidbit dalecochoy Bonsai 0 11-02-2003 03:55 PM