Old 11-10-2006, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT - my new hearing aids

I didn't get a pokey out little tool, I asked about cleaning and told to use
a pin. It says that in the book too.

There was also something about shaking out condensation and baby wipes but
I'd stopped listening, so disappointed was I.

It's going to take some getting used to ...

Mary

Old 11-10-2006, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
I didn't get a pokey out little tool, I asked about cleaning and told to
use a pin. It says that in the book too.

What book?

There was also something about shaking out condensation and baby wipes but
I'd stopped listening, so disappointed was I.

I don't remember anything like that.

It's going to take some getting used to ...

I hope they are as good as mine!

Alan

Mary

Old 11-10-2006, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:26:09 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
.net...
I didn't get a pokey out little tool, I asked about cleaning and told to
use a pin. It says that in the book too.

What book?

There was also something about shaking out condensation and baby wipes but
I'd stopped listening, so disappointed was I.

I don't remember anything like that.

It's going to take some getting used to ...

I hope they are as good as mine!

Alan

Mary

I use those micro pipe cleaner things used for flossing between your
teeth.

--
Chris

Old 11-10-2006, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t.net...
I didn't get a pokey out little tool, I asked about cleaning and told to
use a pin. It says that in the book too.

What book?

There was also something about shaking out condensation and baby wipes
but
I'd stopped listening, so disappointed was I.

I don't remember anything like that.

It's going to take some getting used to ...

I hope they are as good as mine!

Alan

Mary

I use those micro pipe cleaner things used for flossing between your
teeth.

I use one of those wooden toothpicks!

Alan

--
Chris

Old 12-10-2006, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
I didn't get a pokey out little tool, I asked about cleaning and told to
use a pin. It says that in the book too.
What book?

There was also something about shaking out condensation and baby wipes
but
I'd stopped listening, so disappointed was I.
I don't remember anything like that.

It's going to take some getting used to ...
I hope they are as good as mine!

Alan

Mary

I use those micro pipe cleaner things used for flossing between your
teeth.

I use one of those wooden toothpicks!

Alan

--
Chris

Well I was supplied with a "pokey", when that broke I went back and got
another one, different model (pokey I mean). I simply put mine in at the
hearing aid centre and only take them out when swimming, bathing or
sleeping, got used to them in no time at all. The only problem is that
every so often my ears itch inside, a small price to pay, though the
aids themselves were not of course.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message

Well I was supplied with a "pokey", when that broke I went back and got
another one, different model (pokey I mean). I simply put mine in at the
hearing aid centre and only take them out when swimming, bathing or
sleeping, got used to them in no time at all. The only problem is that
every so often my ears itch inside, a small price to pay, though the aids
themselves were not of course.

I wore them on and off yesterday but they'll take some getting used to.
Coming out of the hearing assessment centre, where they were fitted, into
the very busy city roads was terrifying!

The clatter of my keyboard is amazing.

When it rained I thought it was hailing, the noise on the carport roof was
so loud.

I haven't put them in yet this morning because I'm not risking being totally
deafened by the crunch of my Grape Nuts :-)

Today I'll go into the garden and listen out for slugs.

Mary

Old 12-10-2006, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The clatter of my keyboard is amazing.

When it rained I thought it was hailing, the noise on the carport roof was
so loud.

I haven't put them in yet this morning because I'm not risking being
totally
deafened by the crunch of my Grape Nuts :-)

Mary, there should be a tiny volume adjuster..sounds like you have it
turned up a bit high :-)

Janet
Old 12-10-2006, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The clatter of my keyboard is amazing.

When it rained I thought it was hailing, the noise on the carport roof
was
so loud.

I haven't put them in yet this morning because I'm not risking being
totally
deafened by the crunch of my Grape Nuts :-)

Mary, there should be a tiny volume adjuster..sounds like you have it
turned up a bit high :-)

No, it's turned down to the minimum ! And the other setting is adjusted too.

The technician said that eventually I'd get used to extra noise, that my
brain would filter out things I didn't want to hear and that I should
persist.

The instruction booklet says that I should use it for half hour sessions at
first, so that's what I'm doing.

No pain, no gain ...

:-)

Mary

Mary

Old 12-10-2006, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 12, 12:04 pm, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The clatter of my keyboard is amazing.
When it rained I thought it was hailing, the noise on the carport roof was
so loud.
I haven't put them in yet this morning because I'm not risking being
totally
deafened by the crunch of my Grape Nuts :-) Mary, there should be a tiny volume adjuster..sounds like you have it

turned up a bit high :-)

Janet

No, it's just that you have been used to straining to hear for a long
time, so it makes the sound so loud when you do start to hear properly,
also your hearing will improve quite a bit over the next few months so
they will need more adjustment. One of mine does have a little button
that can be used to cut down extraneous noise.
Mike

Old 12-10-2006, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The clatter of my keyboard is amazing.

When it rained I thought it was hailing, the noise on the carport roof
was
so loud.

I haven't put them in yet this morning because I'm not risking being
totally
deafened by the crunch of my Grape Nuts :-)

Mary, there should be a tiny volume adjuster..sounds like you have it
turned up a bit high :-)

Digital aids don't have volumn controls!

Alan

Janet

Old 12-10-2006, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The clatter of my keyboard is amazing.

When it rained I thought it was hailing, the noise on the carport roof
was
so loud.

I haven't put them in yet this morning because I'm not risking being
totally
deafened by the crunch of my Grape Nuts :-)

Mary, there should be a tiny volume adjuster..sounds like you have it
turned up a bit high :-)

Digital aids don't have volumn controls!

John's has DA has volume control AND three different modes of
operation AND a pokey thing.

Janet

Old 13-10-2006, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The clatter of my keyboard is amazing.
When it rained I thought it was hailing, the noise on the carport roof
was
so loud.
I haven't put them in yet this morning because I'm not risking being
totally
deafened by the crunch of my Grape Nuts :-)
Mary, there should be a tiny volume adjuster..sounds like you have it
turned up a bit high :-)

Digital aids don't have volumn controls!

John's has DA has volume control AND three different modes of
operation AND a pokey thing.

Janet

I was puzzled by the volume control, mine has none, it has however three
settings, normal, directional and loop.
Old 13-10-2006, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Broadback wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
[...]

My mother doesn't get on too well with her digital thing. Somebody in
alt.usage.english once mentioned that people he knew were very happy
with some kind of cheap mini-amplifier from Tandy. Unfortunately, he's
a no-archive exponent, and doesn't seem to be around at present. Does
anybody happen to know what he meant? I'd very much like to get one for
my mother to try.

--
Mike.

Old 13-10-2006, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Digital aids don't have volumn controls!

John's has DA has volume control AND three different modes of
operation AND a pokey thing.

Apart from the pokey thing mine has all those features too.

Mary

Old 13-10-2006, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message

I was puzzled by the volume control, mine has none, it has however three
settings, normal, directional and loop.

Mine has a wheel for volume control, above the settings button.

Mary