Old 01-11-2006, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT cooking

Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them. There seems to be no alternative that
will go on the hotplate and in the oven or microwave. I've Googled
until my fingers are sore, no sign in the uk. Now I know there are
knowledgeable peeps here, can anyone help? Alternatively what is the
best cooking newsgroup for the uk?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them. There seems to be no alternative that
will go on the hotplate and in the oven or microwave. I've Googled until
my fingers are sore, no sign in the uk. Now I know there are
knowledgeable peeps here, can anyone help? Alternatively what is the best
cooking newsgroup for the uk?

alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.c heerslove :~))
Jenny

Old 01-11-2006, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote ...
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them. There seems to be no alternative that
will go on the hotplate and in the oven or microwave. I've Googled until
my fingers are sore, no sign in the uk. Now I know there are
knowledgeable peeps here, can anyone help? Alternatively what is the best
cooking newsgroup for the uk?

Lots do the hob and oven but the microwave as well? That's the killer.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 01-11-2006, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" typed

"Broadback" wrote ...
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them. There seems to be no alternative that
will go on the hotplate and in the oven or microwave. I've Googled until
my fingers are sore, no sign in the uk. Now I know there are
knowledgeable peeps here, can anyone help? Alternatively what is the best
cooking newsgroup for the uk?

Lots do the hob and oven but the microwave as well? That's the killer.

Pyrex will do microwave and oven but the hob's the killer.

It appears that Arcoflam's been discontinued, from Arc's website.

It seems as soon as you find something you like, it gets discontinued by
the time you want some more...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in a message:
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them.

----------
A quick search on the Internet found that Boots stocks Acroflam. I found
a 3.5 ltr Acroflam Casserole Dish, yours for just GBP29.99!

MikeCT

Old 02-11-2006, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Broadback
writes
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them. There seems to be no alternative that
will go on the hotplate and in the oven or microwave. I've Googled
until my fingers are sore, no sign in the uk. Now I know there are
knowledgeable peeps here, can anyone help? Alternatively what is the
best cooking newsgroup for the uk?

If you try uk.food+drink.misc, someone there may know.
--
June Hughes
Old 02-11-2006, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

June Hughes wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them. There seems to be no alternative that
will go on the hotplate and in the oven or microwave. I've Googled
until my fingers are sore, no sign in the uk. Now I know there are
knowledgeable peeps here, can anyone help? Alternatively what is the
best cooking newsgroup for the uk?

If you try uk.food+drink.misc, someone there may know.

Thanks for you replies, I have posed the question on uk.food+drink.misc,
so maybe that will succeed. If Helen is correct I am wasting my time, I
got quite excited over Mike CT's post, but try as I may I cannot find
them at Boots.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Broadback
writes
June Hughes wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John
Lewis, sadly they no longer stock them. There seems to be no
alternative that will go on the hotplate and in the oven or
microwave. I've Googled until my fingers are sore, no sign in the
uk. Now I know there are knowledgeable peeps here, can anyone help?
Alternatively what is the best cooking newsgroup for the uk?

If you try uk.food+drink.misc, someone there may know.

Thanks for you replies, I have posed the question on
uk.food+drink.misc, so maybe that will succeed. If Helen is correct I
am wasting my time, I got quite excited over Mike CT's post, but try as
I may I cannot find them at Boots.

Mike spelled it Acroflam, and that brings many more results in Google -
maybe you'll find something that way (though I think Arcofam or
Arcoflame is right)

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 02-11-2006, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote a in message:
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them.

----
Apart from Boots and Argos, try Edirectory:

Address: Edirectory, Furness Gate, Peter Green Way, Barrow-in-Furness,
Cumbria. LA14 2PE
Acroflam *is* the correct spelling Klara!

MikeCT

Old 02-11-2006, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

It seems as soon as you find something you like, it gets discontinued by
the time you want some more...

--

I'm reminded of a little publicity stunt that Sainsburys did a few years
ago. They asked customers to vote for their favourite products and promised

Trouble was, by the time they'd got round to analysing and publishing the
results, the product that came No 2 on the list had already been
discontinued!

Adam

Old 04-11-2006, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

MikeCT wrote:
"Broadback" wrote a in message:
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them.

----
Apart from Boots and Argos, try Edirectory:

Address: Edirectory, Furness Gate, Peter Green Way, Barrow-in-Furness,
Cumbria. LA14 2PE
Acroflam *is* the correct spelling Klara!

Perhaps there are two different brand names. But one thing the web is
very good at is propagating mistakes around the world at electronic
speed: I'd be a little surprised if the huge Arc outfit which produces
all that Cristal d'Arques, Arcoroc, and stuff would deliberately
metathesise such a well-known brand name.

--
Mike.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , MikeCT
writes

"Broadback" wrote a in message:
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them.

----
Apart from Boots and Argos, try Edirectory:

Address: Edirectory, Furness Gate, Peter Green Way, Barrow-in-Furness,
Cumbria. LA14 2PE
Acroflam *is* the correct spelling Klara!

MikeCT

Maybe - but look at

http://www.arcoflam.com/

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 04-11-2006, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:36:18 +0000, Klara
wrote:

In message , MikeCT
writes

"Broadback" wrote a in message:
Some time ago I purchased an Arcoflam casserole dish from John Lewis,
sadly they no longer stock them.
----
Apart from Boots and Argos, try Edirectory:

Address: Edirectory, Furness Gate, Peter Green Way, Barrow-in-Furness,
Cumbria. LA14 2PE
Acroflam *is* the correct spelling Klara!

MikeCT

Maybe - but look at

http://www.arcoflam.com/

but they don't make anything things like casserole dishes.

Look at this Klara
http://www.ajmshopping.co.uk/manage/...cts/02844a.gif

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...le+dish&btnG=S
earch+Images

Looks like they are no longer made
"The product you were looking for is now not available or
discontinued."

It's a shame - I used to have one too and it was very attractive. Only
thing: you had to be so careful and watch it because on the hob the food
would burn very very easily. Maybe that is why it was discontinued in
the end.

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 05-11-2006, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 23:56:10 +0100, Martin wrote
(in article ):

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:36:18 +0000, Klara
wrote:

In message , MikeCT
writes

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...btnG=Search +

Images

Looks like they are no longer made
"The product you were looking for is now not available or
discontinued."

Coming in on the end of this thread, we have a similar dish which is called
Pyroflam. There seem to be a few hits for that on Google, so it might be the
equivalent of what the OP is looking for.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Cooking in Atlanta Courtney Lawns 0 22-11-2004 10:52 PM
Cooking Apple MSR Gardening 1 18-10-2004 02:33 AM
are you humble, I mean, cooking at lower frames K. G. MacCallum Orchids 0 04-12-2003 05:12 AM
Fennel - cooking methods Colin Malsingh United Kingdom 1 09-06-2003 09:08 AM
Cooking on a deserted island (was: Pancho's) Terry Horton Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM