Old 10-11-2006, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Trees that made britaiin

Did anyone else think that "Trees that made Britain" was a really
excellent series and Tony and Jon were a perfect team and unlikely
celebrities, even being acknowledged as such by Prince Charles.
I think it's the best gardening series for a very long time.
Thank you BBC.

Pam in Bristol
Old 10-11-2006, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote
Did anyone else think that "Trees that made Britain" was a really
excellent series and Tony and Jon were a perfect team and unlikely
celebrities, even being acknowledged as such by Prince Charles.
I think it's the best gardening series for a very long time.
Thank you BBC.

Only seen one but I would agree with you, considering other programs and the
finding of the recent BBC secret review I wonder how that happened.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 11-11-2006, 01:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
wrote:

Did anyone else think that "Trees that made Britain" was a really
excellent series and Tony and Jon were a perfect team and unlikely
celebrities, even being acknowledged as such by Prince Charles.
I think it's the best gardening series for a very long time.

Bits of it were interesting. The Kew chaps were watchable. But it
wasn't a gardening series.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
: In article , Pam Moore
: wrote:
:
: Did anyone else think that "Trees that made Britain" was a really
: excellent series and Tony and Jon were a perfect team and unlikely
: celebrities, even being acknowledged as such by Prince Charles.
: I think it's the best gardening series for a very long time.
:
: Bits of it were interesting. The Kew chaps were watchable. But it
: wasn't a gardening series.

I must have been too quick to turn off. I saw them in those little boats
messing about and gave up

Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Robert wrote:

I must have been too quick to turn off. I saw them in those little boats
messing about and gave up

I quite enjoyed last night's programme, but the hype attached to the
olive tree planting at the end was very much OTT.

Cuddles...
Champagne.....
Morris Dancers.....

Old 11-11-2006, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
Did anyone else think that "Trees that made Britain" was a really
excellent series and Tony and Jon were a perfect team and unlikely
celebrities, even being acknowledged as such by Prince Charles.
I think it's the best gardening series for a very long time.
Thank you BBC.

Pam in Bristol

I thought it was brilliant also, Pam. Every programme had just the right
amount of humour and information. Clearly they both love trees and get
on well together. I missed the first two programmes, as they weren't
advertised anywhere.

Hope they do other programmes of that quality.

janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 13-11-2006, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

: wrote:
:
: Did anyone else think that "Trees that made Britain" was a really
: excellent series and Tony and Jon were a perfect team and unlikely
: celebrities, even being acknowledged as such by Prince Charles.
: I think it's the best gardening series for a very long time.
:
: Bits of it were interesting. The Kew chaps were watchable. But it
: wasn't a gardening series.

I must have been too quick to turn off. I saw them in those little boats
messing about and gave up

Be fair: there would hardly have been a Britain without coracles -- a
maritime nation's first step into ship-building!

--
Mike.