Old 11-11-2006, 03:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Polytunnels/Glasshouse experiences

I have the opportunity of scoring a free 2.5 x 2.5 m polytunnel from a mate.

What experiences have you folk had with polytunnels/glasshouses?

What benefits do you see, what advantages and disadvantages.

FYI if needed we have frosts in winter sometimes down to -2, summers in to
the mid 20s and sometimes high 20s with humidity and decent rainfall through
the year. The polytunnels will be unheated if used.

thanks
rob

Old 13-11-2006, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Try these:

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/mag/Ar...olytunnel.html

(Recommend the 2nd link)

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.org.uk

Old 14-11-2006, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baal" wrote in message
.. .
Try these:

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/mag/Ar...olytunnel.html

cheers Baal. The second article was good reading. I had read it some time
ago from casual interest. It dawned on me the old boy across the road has a
green house, I'll pop over to see him on the weekend with a few questions.