Old 18-04-2003, 08:20 AM
pied piper

Default Lawn Mower Servicing

"Chris Davenport" wrote in message
In message , pied piper
writes

"Chris Davenport" wrote in message
In message , Harry Rogers
writes
The mower has a five year guarantee and has to be serviced by the

dealer
it
came from. So I am told. Its a Honda, by the way.

As a Honda dealer I can confirm that it must be serviced by a Honda
dealer, but it doesn't have to be the dealer you purchased it from.

However you will probably find that all garden machinery dealers will

be
quoting lengthy queues at this time of year. Most dealers will give
priority to warranty work and commercial users, so an annual service is
not going to get you to the front of the queue. Honda usually send
service reminder letters to all registered owners between November and
January which is the time when most dealers are desperate for work.
It's a highly seasonal business.

never use the honda main dealer try another shop or get someone do an on

site service

But getting a non-Honda dealer to do the service would invalidate the
5-year warranty. Of course, it would not affect your statutory 12-month
warranty so it's entirely a matter of personal choice.

Chris.

--
Chris Davenport Email:
Joint General Manager

Gordon B. Davenport Web:
www.davenport.gb.com
65 Battlefield Road Email:
Shrewsbury Phone: +44 (0)1743 462950
Shropshire, SY1 4AD Fax: +44 (0)1743 450384
United Kingdom Lawn and Garden Equipment Distributors

the professionals wont use honda they are too pricy and do a bad job

Old 18-04-2003, 08:20 AM
pied piper

"Harry Rogers" wrote in message
Thanks for all the advice.

Got the beast back today after three weeks. It was its second service and
will make sure it's in earlier next year (or at the end of this year).

Hope that other less experienced users of these services like me have
benefitted from this thread.

Lawn looks nice again tonight.

Harry

well done harry

Advice On Servicing Jonsered LR10 RussellS Lawns 3 30-08-2013 05:24 PM
DIY mower servicing gashton34 Lawns 13 25-02-2011 06:30 PM
Mountfield mower servicing. Peter C[_2_] United Kingdom 5 25-02-2009 08:51 PM
How to Make a Lawn Mower into Mulching Mower? Jay Chan Gardening 8 30-05-2003 04:09 PM
Servicing sprinkler systems Patch Lawns 3 27-04-2003 02:09 PM