Old 23-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered User

Default how and when to prune apple and plumb trees

Hi there, ive an apple tree and plumb tree in my back yard that are getting wild. whats the best time to trim them and is there an idiots guide to doing this (because im no gardener) - we get loads of fruit, but would like more as next year i plan to make my own wine
Old 23-11-2006, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default looking for roicut anvil secateurs

"trooperbill" wrote in a message:

Hi there, im no keen gardener but my parents are, ive been asked to find
some Roicut anvil garden secateurs, but cant find any mention of Roicut
on the net... have i been given the wrong brand name or am i spelling
it incorrectly?

any help appreciated.
---

Yes, the name's ROLCUT, Rolcut Anvil Secateurs. Ebay's a good place to find
them.

MkeCT

Old 23-11-2006, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yes, the name's ROLCUT, Rolcut Anvil Secateurs. Ebay's a good place to
find
them.

MkeCT

---
Sorry, the Gremlins are at work on my keyboard. For Rolcut read ROLLCUT.

MCT

Old 23-11-2006, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"trooperbill" wrote via GB not direct

Hi there, im no keen gardener but my parents are, ive been asked to find
some Roicut anvil garden secateurs, but cant find any mention of Roicut
on the net... have i been given the wrong brand name or am i spelling
it incorrectly?

any help appreciated.

Rollcut.
I was asked a couple of years ago to get a pair for a very elderly
ex-professional gardener.
Company's no longer around. The only guy I could find via the net that sells
new ones now was in the USA as he bought up all the stock. They were
remarkably cheap and he sent them very quickly. Seemed a nice guy when I
spoke to him.
Crap tools actually, get some Felcos instead, they even do an anvil model
No.30, it's the make the professionals use. If they insist on the anvil type
and you can't go to Felco's then Wilkinson or Wolf make a better effort of
it than Rollcut ever did.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 23-11-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

trooperbill wrote:
Hi there, im no keen gardener but my parents are, ive been asked to find
some Roicut anvil garden secateurs, but cant find any mention of Roicut
on the net... have i been given the wrong brand name or am i spelling
it incorrectly?

My Dad had a pair of rollcut, with the hardened black steel blade and
brass anvil they were very good - but my so are my Wilkinson Sword
heavy duty anvil secateurs. The ones I have are not on the latest
catalogue, of course...

Old 24-11-2006, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
Rollcut.
I was asked a couple of years ago to get a pair for a very elderly
ex-professional gardener.
Company's no longer around. The only guy I could find via the net
that sells new ones now was in the USA as he bought up all the stock.
They were remarkably cheap and he sent them very quickly. Seemed a
nice guy when I spoke to him.
Crap tools actually, get some Felcos instead, they even do an anvil
model No.30, it's the make the professionals use.

First day as a nurseryman i was presented with a pair of Felco 2's

http://www.felcostore.com/order1.jsp?code=F2

Excellent tool!

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out. (Richard Dawkins)

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Old 24-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden

is this the one? http://www.worldoffelco.co.uk/cgi-bi...0&category=301
Old 24-11-2006, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"trooperbill" wrote

-
[...]

is this the one? http://tinyurl.com/ur8ta

Yes.