Old 28-12-2006, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT New flower

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:50:29 +0000
Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

Well, that's a nice Christmas prezzie! Congratulations, Sacha, and to the
whole family.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 28-12-2006, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil

and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Many congratulations and welcome to the the wonderful world of grandparents,
Love
David

Old 28-12-2006, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:50:29 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

Congrats to the proud grandmother, who naturally must have done all the work!
A plea on behalf of the babe from another birthday-near-Christmas babe g.
At future birthdays, please separate the two events. Christmas babes suffer
badly by such things as: getting birthday presents in Christmas wrapping, a
single card saying "Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday", one present, and
just a blurring of the two. My son also has a near-Christmas birthday
(Christmas Eve - you would think I would have known better!) and I was always
very careful with him to have a birthday with birthday cake, birthday
wrapping paper etc, quite separate from Christmas. He did get very confused
when small and asked why there were no candles on the Christmas cake since he
had had candles on his birthday cake the day before, and after all it was
Jesus's birthday, wasn't it. I found it a difficult philosophical question
to answer, especially after several Christmas drinksg.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message .

He did get very confused
when small and asked why there were no candles on the Christmas cake since
he
had had candles on his birthday cake the day before, and after all it was
Jesus's birthday, wasn't it. I found it a difficult philosophical
question
to answer, especially after several Christmas drinksg.

Talking of confusions over birthdays, our children until a little older,
were convinced that it was a norm and all parent had their birthdays on the
same day :-))

Joan's and mine are the same day :-))

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil
and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

Congratulations to all concerned.

Being near Christmas she could suffer with the dreaded "this is for
Christmas and your Birthday" instead of two separate presents like everyone
else. I always hated that phrase, so when do you open it, Christmas and
leave nothing for your birthday or the other way round? Do try to keep the
two things totally separate for her or she may end up bitter and twisted
like me. :-)

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 28-12-2006, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sacha, warm congratulations and of course to Wil and Marianne - well
worth the wait. Is Ray going to name a new flower after the baby?

Judith - at home in France

Old 28-12-2006, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/12/06 15:04, in article
, "judith lea"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sacha, warm congratulations and of course to Wil and Marianne - well
worth the wait. Is Ray going to name a new flower after the baby?

Judith - at home in France

Many thanks, Judith and everyone else. We're all thrilled skinny and so
happy to have this new little person in the family. We're going over to see
them all tomorrow and I can't wait for that first cuddle. Bob and Sally
warned about the Christmas + birthday thing and we're all going to be
extremely aware of that! She was actually due mid January which is when my
birthday is, so I have a fellow Capricorn to keep me company, which is more
than I had before! But no, two presents will be the order of the day,
definitely. It's not fair to combine the two. I had a friend with a
birthday on Christmas Day and his sister turned up one year with Christmas
presents for everyone and only one for him. And then she said "Oh, I forgot
it was your birthday". Now I ask you..........!
As to Ray naming a flower after her, it's a lovely idea though I think there
might be a few miffed aunts. ;-) We'll have to see if something comes up
that seems suitable.

Old 28-12-2006, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 28/12/06 15:04, in article
, "judith lea"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

[...]

All urglers to the Christening? Let us know when it is.

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

Today is the first time since goodness-knows-when that I've looked in
to see whether things have settled down. This is the very first
message I've read and I'm delighted to hear the news. Congratulations
and please pass on my good wishes to Will and his wife. Bet you can't
wait to hop over there and see your new g/daughter.

David

Old 28-12-2006, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958.

Congratulations!

You may know that your job is to spoil the grand daughter rotten at every
chance. It's in the grandparents' manual.

Old 28-12-2006, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil
and
son today at 0958.

Congratulations!

You may know that your job is to spoil the grand daughter rotten at every
chance. It's in the grandparents' manual.

and be cursed for ever by the child's parents :-(((

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"DavePoole Torquay" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil
and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

Today is the first time since goodness-knows-when that I've looked in
to see whether things have settled down. This is the very first
message I've read and I'm delighted to hear the news. Congratulations
and please pass on my good wishes to Will and his wife. Bet you can't
wait to hop over there and see your new g/daughter.

David

A double bonus. Baby and Dave Poole alive and kicking.
What happened with the orgy between the sikki and basjoo nanas -did you get
a result?