Old 28-12-2006, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT New flower

On 28/12/06 17:50, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"DavePoole Torquay" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil
and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

Today is the first time since goodness-knows-when that I've looked in
to see whether things have settled down. This is the very first
message I've read and I'm delighted to hear the news. Congratulations
and please pass on my good wishes to Will and his wife. Bet you can't
wait to hop over there and see your new g/daughter.

David

A double bonus. Baby and Dave Poole alive and kicking.
What happened with the orgy between the sikki and basjoo nanas -did you get
a result?

Er, no. I think the baby is just a little to young for that. ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:50:29 +0000, Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

How wonderful Sacha. May she bring you great joy.
What is she to be called?

Pam in Bristol
Old 28-12-2006, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:50:29 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil

and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

Congrats to the proud grandmother, who naturally must have done all the

work!
A plea on behalf of the babe from another birthday-near-Christmas babe

g.
At future birthdays, please separate the two events. Christmas babes

suffer
badly by such things as: getting birthday presents in Christmas wrapping,

single card saying "Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday", one present, and
just a blurring of the two. My son also has a near-Christmas birthday
(Christmas Eve - you would think I would have known better!) and I was

always
very careful with him to have a birthday with birthday cake, birthday
wrapping paper etc, quite separate from Christmas. He did get very

confused
when small and asked why there were no candles on the Christmas cake since

he
had had candles on his birthday cake the day before, and after all it was
Jesus's birthday, wasn't it. I found it a difficult philosophical

question
to answer, especially after several Christmas drinksg.

a friends child was born on the 25th Dec. they celebrate his birthday in
March. what a great idea. they chose the day he was christened as his
"birthday".

congrats to sacha and family btw

Old 29-12-2006, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my

dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

LOL And why is grandmother emotional? It's much easy being a
grandmother than actually pushing the wee sprog out into the cold hard
world.

Congratulations to you and the young family.

Old 29-12-2006, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
news

Please forgive me if I don't reveal that here, Pam. It is no reflection
on
you or your posting here, just a natural caution, given what a couple of
posters here have done to my family.

I am happy that you have a new and healthy grandchild. I have no wish to
start an argument or any hard feelings. However, as one of the people you
have consistently chosen to be at odds with in this ng over the years, I
shall be grateful for your written confirmation that I am not one of the
posters to whom you refer as having 'done things to your family'.
Thank-you.
--
June Hughes

Nah, it's a poke at me again :-))

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 29-12-2006, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Farm1 wrote:

LOL And why is grandmother emotional? It's much easy being a
grandmother than actually pushing the wee sprog out into the cold hard
world.

Congratulations to you and the young family.

Why is Granny emotional???? I'll tell you why, my nails have just
started to grow - Louis is now 22 months old. Emotional, me??? Ask
the hospital staff where Louis was born. I delivered him all by myself
including separating him from his mother, my daughter. I didn't
realise I was crying until my daughter told me the baby was fine and so
was she!

So Granny Sacha has an emotional right to be emotional, we have a
vested genetic interest and I have a feeling that Sacha would have
pushed the little sproglet out herself if it meant that her nails could
be given a respite.

Old 29-12-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"judith lea" wrote in message
ups.com...

Farm1 wrote:

LOL And why is grandmother emotional? It's much easy being a
grandmother than actually pushing the wee sprog out into the cold hard
world.

Congratulations to you and the young family.

Why is Granny emotional???? I'll tell you why, my nails have just
started to grow - Louis is now 22 months old. Emotional, me??? Ask
the hospital staff where Louis was born. I delivered him all by myself
including separating him from his mother, my daughter. I didn't
realise I was crying until my daughter told me the baby was fine and so
was she!

So Granny Sacha has an emotional right to be emotional, we have a
vested genetic interest and I have a feeling that Sacha would have
pushed the little sproglet out herself if it meant that her nails could
be given a respite.

"You men just wouldn't understand. YOU try having a baby..... no you can't,
so don't tell us what to do and how to feel"

:-(((((

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 29-12-2006, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mike
writes
"June Hughes" wrote in message
news

Please forgive me if I don't reveal that here, Pam. It is no reflection
on
you or your posting here, just a natural caution, given what a couple of
posters here have done to my family.

I am happy that you have a new and healthy grandchild. I have no wish to
start an argument or any hard feelings. However, as one of the people you
have consistently chosen to be at odds with in this ng over the years, I
shall be grateful for your written confirmation that I am not one of the
posters to whom you refer as having 'done things to your family'.
Thank-you.
--
June Hughes

Nah, it's a poke at me again :-))

Mike

Are you saying you have done things to her family? Blimey. I knew you
were awkward but didn't think you would stoop to anything like that.
--
June Hughes
Old 29-12-2006, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Nah. "Voices in her head" I think you will find that SHE has said I have
done things to her family.

You won't get a response from her, she has realised I am too powerful for
her and has killfiled me!! A case of "What the eye doesn't see" and "There
are none so blind ..........." etc etc etc :-))

:-))

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 30-12-2006, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

A perfect example of the power of killfiling. The troll is left squirming in
his own little trough of self-pity.
Well done everyone!

Old 03-01-2007, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/12/06 12:16, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
On 28/12/06 23:06, in article
,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:50:29 +0000, Sacha wrote:

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

How wonderful Sacha. May she bring you great joy.

I feel sure she will. There's a determined little chin there already. ;-)

What is she to be called?

Please forgive me if I don't reveal that here, Pam. It is no reflection on
you or your posting here, just a natural caution, given what a couple of
posters here have done to my family.

I am happy that you have a new and healthy grandchild.

Thank you.

I have no wish
to start an argument or any hard feelings.

As your following remarks clearly show in a mode only you could achieve.

However, as one of the
people you have consistently chosen to be at odds with in this ng over
the years, I shall be grateful for your written confirmation that I am
not one of the posters to whom you refer as having 'done things to your
family'. Thank-you.

Yet again, June, you attribute FAR too much importance to yourself. All you
have done to me, personally, (on group) is to suggest that I'm a 'kept
woman'. That will do to be going on with in terms of sheer nastiness and
bitching (and inaccurate at that) but no, funnily enough and yet again, I
was not thinking of JUNE HUGHES when I wrote the above. You do not figure
in my thinking very often, to be frank.