Old 23-01-2007, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default hey its not so cold

Hi all,
On my way home about 5 minutes ago, came through a town called Sedgley, Near
Dudley in the West Midlands, there was this funny stuff falling from the
sky, it was white about the size of a twopence piece and was covering the
parked cars and footpaths, but not the roads. A strange phemonema indeed.
Seriously, in Wolverhampton there was just a smattering of fine powdery
stuff.
This afternoon the air temp was -2.4 C but at 22-15 hrs it had come up
to -0.8C.
According to my records this cold spell is on time for the time of year,
should last about a week then get warmer until second/third week in Feb.
when we should get another cold spell.
We shall see.
regards
Cineman

Old 24-01-2007, 05:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

cineman wrote:
Hi all,
On my way home about 5 minutes ago, came through a town called
Sedgley, Near Dudley in the West Midlands, there was this funny stuff
falling from the sky, it was white about the size of a twopence piece
and was covering the parked cars and footpaths, but not the roads. A
strange phemonema indeed. Seriously, in Wolverhampton there was just
a smattering of fine powdery stuff.
This afternoon the air temp was -2.4 C but at 22-15 hrs it had come up
to -0.8C.
According to my records this cold spell is on time for the time of
year, should last about a week then get warmer until second/third
week in Feb. when we should get another cold spell.
We shall see.
regards
Cineman

Morning. You are not alone in this strange experience. Looking out of the
window........everything has turned white. Not so cold as you though....
1.2C
--
ßôyþëtë
(SE London)

Old 24-01-2007, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

we have a layer of white stuff here to - north of portsmouth - cold but
forecast to improve as the day goes on

Alan
"BoyPete" wrote in message
cineman wrote:
[...]

Cold, Cold, Cold Dave Hill United Kingdom 18 12-12-2010 01:29 PM
Hey, Its cold. cineman United Kingdom 11 23-01-2007 09:36 PM
Its getting pretty cold..Cabbage Question Farmer Joe Edible Gardening 2 30-11-2005 05:15 AM
[IBC] cold cold in the north Andre Slivitzly Bonsai 0 15-01-2004 02:32 PM
Its cold up north, erm well is it? Amber United Kingdom 2 28-11-2002 09:35 PM