Old 23-01-2007, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hey, Its cold.

Hi,
checked outside temperature at work tonight 22-15 hrs it was -0.6 deg C all
cars were frosty and some icy patches on roads, thank goodnes the sleet
didnt come to much this afternoon..
Got home and found 1 pond iced over, no sign of frogs yet.
regards
Cineman

Old 23-01-2007, 05:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

cineman wrote:
Hi,
checked outside temperature at work tonight 22-15 hrs it was -0.6 deg
C all cars were frosty and some icy patches on roads, thank goodnes
the sleet didnt come to much this afternoon..
Got home and found 1 pond iced over, no sign of frogs yet.
regards
Cineman

Overnight low here 2.2C, currently 3.3C. Hopefully, the worst of this cold
snap will pass me by. (temp. sensor at ground level by pond)

--
ßôyþëtë (SE.London)

Old 23-01-2007, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

BoyPete wrote:
cineman wrote:
Hi,
checked outside temperature at work tonight 22-15 hrs it was -0.6 deg
C all cars were frosty and some icy patches on roads, thank goodnes
the sleet didnt come to much this afternoon..
Got home and found 1 pond iced over, no sign of frogs yet.
regards
Cineman

Overnight low here 2.2C, currently 3.3C. Hopefully, the worst of this cold
snap will pass me by. (temp. sensor at ground level by pond)

It snowed here in Manc on Sunday nite. Lovely. Today it's a great big
blue sky, not a cloud like yesterday but freezing. Minus 3 last night.
Just went at the back to clear all pots and stuff waiting for a gang of
tree surgeons to cut down our eucalyptus which fell on next door's
house on Friday. All ground frozen solid - made the pots twice heavier!
I hardly can't type - my fingers are numb. A sad day though for we
loved this tree (

Old 23-01-2007, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/1/07 10:28, in article ,
"cineman" wrote:

Hi SDacha
Temperature check was in West Midlands
We had -2.7 overnight
regards
Cineman

Aha, thanks! I do remember where some people live but I doubt all of us
remember where everyone lives, so it does help to put weather reports in
context. We had a delivery of ferns yesterday and the driver told us that
it was snowing in St Alban's in the morning. I'm sure that's riveting news
to urglers! ;-))
The sky here is bright blue, the sun is out and it's a really lovely day but
with a light, cold breeze. The barometer shot up yesterday and I must say
that I find our old-fashioned hang-it-on-the-wall barometer far more
sensitive and reliable than the new-fangled electronic job we've got. BTW,
does anyone else find they get headaches when the barometric pressure rises?
It happens to me every time in winter, though not usually for long, thank
goodness.
snip
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-01-2007, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

cineman wrote:
Hi,
checked outside temperature at work tonight 22-15 hrs it was -0.6 deg
C all cars were frosty and some icy patches on roads, thank goodnes
the sleet didnt come to much this afternoon..
Got home and found 1 pond iced over, no sign of frogs yet.
regards
Cineman

-3 this morning at 8AM, several pels got frostbite but some have held out,
most fuschias finally give up the ghost, and a few of them had new flower
buds on them last week..about 6 out of around 14- 15 pels have gone a funny
colour, although they are still in the beds where they were planted last
May - the ones in tubs against the fence have survived, although tonight's
supposed to be just as bad

Old 23-01-2007, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/1/07 10:28, in article ,
"cineman" wrote:

[...]

It's because you are a woman, and it is compulsary for women to have
headaches!

Alan

Old 23-01-2007, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/1/07 10:28, in article
[...]