Old 25-01-2007, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Looking forward....

On 25/1/07 17:25, in article ,
"Mike Lyle" wrote:

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
[...]
Even the mighty Crug have decided to do a limited mail order service.!

It says something about me that I read that as "Krug".

Good taste? Deep pockets? Birthday coming up? Wishful thinking? ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 25-01-2007, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
On 25/1/07 17:25, in article
, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
[...]
Even the mighty Crug have decided to do a limited mail order
service.!

It says something about me that I read that as "Krug".

Good taste?

I hope so.
Deep pockets?

If only!
Birthday coming up?

Tomorrow, as it happens. Older than you, of course.
Wishful thinking?

Well, I hope the kids do their stuff, within reason!
;-)

That, too.

--
Mike.

Old 25-01-2007, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/1/07 19:42, in article ,
"Mike Lyle" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

snip
If only!
Birthday coming up?

Tomorrow, as it happens. Older than you, of course.

That may well be the kindest thing I hear all year! ;-)
Happy birthday to you! I hope it's a wonderful day for you and yours.

Wishful thinking?

Well, I hope the kids do their stuff, within reason!
;-)

That, too.

How nice to be able to wish somebody a Happy Krug Day. Enjoy your birthday,
Mike.

Old 26-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

I do think that Weigela's main problem is that it doesn't have a common name...

...and people seem so embarassed about saying it out loud! I alway say "vee-ger-ler" , that's what I was taught.

Rachel
__________________
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales
Old 26-01-2007, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/1/07 11:02, in article , "Rachel
Aitch" wrote:

I do think that Weigela's main problem is that it doesn't have a common
name...

..and people seem so embarassed about saying it out loud! I alway say
"vee-ger-ler" , that's what I was taught.

I pronounce it Whyjeela which I don't find embarrassing. ;-)

Old 26-01-2007, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 26/1/07 11:02, in article ,
"Rachel
Aitch" wrote:

I do think that Weigela's main problem is that it doesn't have a common
name...

..and people seem so embarassed about saying it out loud! I alway say
"vee-ger-ler" , that's what I was taught.

I pronounce it Whyjeela which I don't find embarrassing. ;-)

Me too!

Alan