Old 08-02-2007, 12:34 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Tetanus jabs

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

I got the red
tracking in my leg just before christmas a year or two back, didn't

think
much of it at first but ended up in hospital for four days

This comment has made me curious. I had drummed into me from
childhood on, that a red stripe moving out from a skin puncture was
REALLY serious and not to be ignored and I'm sure you know that too.

What were the circumstances that led to you ignoring the warning?.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:06 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 8/2/07 00:34, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

I got the red
tracking in my leg just before christmas a year or two back, didn't

think
much of it at first but ended up in hospital for four days

This comment has made me curious. I had drummed into me from
childhood on, that a red stripe moving out from a skin puncture was
REALLY serious and not to be ignored and I'm sure you know that too.

What were the circumstances that led to you ignoring the warning?.

I'm guessing - and it really is just a guess - English climate and lack of
many *seriously* poisonous plants, insects etc.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 08-02-2007, 02:00 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

I got the red
tracking in my leg just before christmas a year or two back,

didn't
think
much of it at first but ended up in hospital for four days

This comment has made me curious. I had drummed into me from
childhood on, that a red stripe moving out from a skin puncture

was
REALLY serious and not to be ignored and I'm sure you know that

too.

What were the circumstances that led to you ignoring the warning?.

I'm guessing - and it really is just a guess - English climate and

lack of
many *seriously* poisonous plants, insects etc.

That could be so I guess, but I would have thought that the warnings
about how to identify the spread of an infection would be a universal
thing?????????

Old 08-02-2007, 09:02 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 8/2/07 02:00, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
snip

I'm guessing - and it really is just a guess - English climate and

lack of
many *seriously* poisonous plants, insects etc.

That could be so I guess, but I would have thought that the warnings
about how to identify the spread of an infection would be a universal
thing?????????

It should be, I agree. I don't think we make quite so much of it here, no.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:21 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Alan

Old 09-02-2007, 03:54 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Whats that?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:40 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Robert Goodrick" wrote in message
Alan Holmes wrote:

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Whats that?

I've no idea!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:27 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Whats that?

I've no idea!

Good, that's settled then ..... nuther pint?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:43 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

classic signs are - redness, swelling, pain and hot to the touch.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:46 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Alan McKenzie" wrote in message
classic signs are - redness, swelling, pain and hot to the touch.

And the presence of pus. Although I suspect if there is evidence of
that, it is generally going to quickly find it's way out by bursting
forth.

Charming subject this, but I guess a familiar scenario for gardeners.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" typed

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Oh yes you would!

Infected wounds HURT, SWELL, GO RED & HOT and the affected part is
close to USELESS.

I'm sure that lot would make you seek help (you might not know it's an
infection but you would know something is WRONG!)

or are you REALLY STUPID?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"Alan Holmes" typed

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Oh yes you would!

Infected wounds HURT, SWELL, GO RED & HOT and the affected part is
close to USELESS.

I'm sure that lot would make you seek help (you might not know it's an
infection but you would know something is WRONG!)

or are you REALLY STUPID?

Oh dear, you have guessed correctly!

Alan

Old 09-02-2007, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

On Feb 9, 5:33 pm, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:
"Alan Holmes" typed

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Oh yes you would!
Infected wounds HURT, SWELL, GO RED & HOT and the affected part is
close to USELESS.

Oh here we go, net-shouting .... I've a strange feeling of deja-vu

I'm sure that lot would make you seek help (you might not know it's an
infection but you would know something is WRONG!)
or are you REALLY STUPID?

Hmm. I think you'd better go and cool-off lady, your tone is
unnecessarily offensive and arrogant. Stop trying to stir it.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Poole" typed

On Feb 9, 5:33 pm, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:
"Alan Holmes" typed

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Oh yes you would!
Infected wounds HURT, SWELL, GO RED & HOT and the affected part is
close to USELESS.

Oh here we go, net-shouting .... I've a strange feeling of deja-vu

I'm sure that lot would make you seek help (you might not know it's an
infection but you would know something is WRONG!)
or are you REALLY STUPID?

Hmm. I think you'd better go and cool-off lady, your tone is
unnecessarily offensive and arrogant. Stop trying to stir it.

Most of my posts have been informative and inoffensive.

I put the cardinal features of infection in upper case to highlight
them, not to shout.

When someone plays the fool, my patience can wear a bit thin, but the
poster so playing seems to have taken this with better humour than some
people...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Helen Deborah
Vecht writes
"Alan Holmes" typed

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Oh yes you would!

Infected wounds HURT, SWELL, GO RED & HOT and the affected part is
close to USELESS.

I'm sure that lot would make you seek help (you might not know it's an
infection but you would know something is WRONG!)

or are you REALLY STUPID?

Alan is an old man, Helen. No. He isn't stupid but give him a chance,
please.
--
June Hughes