Old 23-02-2007, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Andy Mabbett

From a recent posting:

Come back Andy Mabbett - all is forgiven.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Now that would be interesting because I seem to remember Andy 'Net Nanny'
Mabbett was very keen on enforcing the '4 line signature' rule.

:-)))

I wonder if he would still be so keen under the circumstances ;-)))))

Let's see.

Mike

.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
www.nsrafa.com

Old 23-02-2007, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , 'Mike'
writes
From a recent posting:

Come back Andy Mabbett - all is forgiven.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Now that would be interesting because I seem to remember Andy 'Net Nanny'
Mabbett was very keen on enforcing the '4 line signature' rule.

:-)))

I wonder if he would still be so keen under the circumstances ;-)))))

Let's see.

Over many years, I have found Andy Mabbett to be friendly and
knowledgeable. Perhaps he has got a bit fed-up with the carping on
Usenet?
--
June Hughes
Old 23-02-2007, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:15:52 +0000, June Hughes wrote:

Over many years, I have found Andy Mabbett to be friendly

Dunno about that :-)

I do however remember that he had the upper hand over the nasty Crowe.

Come back to us Andy :-)
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 24-02-2007, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:15:52 +0000, June Hughes

wrote:

In message , 'Mike'
writes
From a recent posting:

Come back Andy Mabbett - all is forgiven.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Now that would be interesting because I seem to remember Andy 'Net Nanny'
Mabbett was very keen on enforcing the '4 line signature' rule.

:-)))

I wonder if he would still be so keen under the circumstances ;-)))))

Let's see.

Over many years, I have found Andy Mabbett to be friendly and
knowledgeable. Perhaps he has got a bit fed-up with the carping on
Usenet?

Like Mike, he is a man of many faces. Liked here, loathed elsewhere.

Oh well. Takes all sorts.
--
June Hughes
Old 24-02-2007, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24 Feb, 15:35, Martin wrote:
Not here, just as Mike doesn't on all groups.

--

Martin

Hi Martin, how is it in Holland today, it's wet and windy and dreary
at Norwich so I expect you have similar weather?

I only know of Andy Mabbett in this group, I don't know why he stopped
posting as I found him very reliable and quite an expert on
gardening. I killed a lot of the threads around the time he was
posting as a couple of posters, not Andy, went, to put it literally,
off their heads and I just didn't want to read such awful, nasty stuff
that was nothing at all to do with gardening.

With regard to people on groups and their behaviour, I tend not to be
interested in what they post to other groups, unless I am contributing
to that group. However, saying that, it is an indication that if they
are vulgar and use foul language in any group, that this is part of
their make-up and I would not want to associate with them on or off
group

Judith at home

Old 24-02-2007, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:03:49 +0000, June Hughes

wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:15:52 +0000, June Hughes

wrote:

In message , 'Mike'
writes
From a recent posting:

Come back Andy Mabbett - all is forgiven.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Now that would be interesting because I seem to remember Andy 'Net Nanny'
Mabbett was very keen on enforcing the '4 line signature' rule.

:-)))

I wonder if he would still be so keen under the circumstances ;-)))))

Let's see.

Over many years, I have found Andy Mabbett to be friendly and
knowledgeable. Perhaps he has got a bit fed-up with the carping on
Usenet?

Like Mike, he is a man of many faces. Liked here, loathed elsewhere.

Oh well. Takes all sorts.

I wasn't trying to suggest that Mike is liked here.

No. I didn't think you were. I was referring to Mike when I said
'takes all sorts'. I don't really take much notice of him to be honest,
except when he tells a joke I think is funny.
--
June Hughes

Old 24-02-2007, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , 'Mike'
writes
From a recent posting:

snip

Over many years, I have found Andy Mabbett to be friendly and
knowledgeable. Perhaps he has got a bit fed-up with the carping on
Usenet?

He has been posting on uk.environment.conservation for a while now,
primarily, it seems, to feud with Angus Macmillan, so the evidence suggests
he is far from fed up either with carping or usenet.

Old 24-02-2007, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:35:06 +0000, June Hughes

wrote:

I wasn't trying to suggest that Mike is liked here.

No. I didn't think you were. I was referring to Mike when I said
'takes all sorts'. I don't really take much notice of him to be honest,
except when he tells a joke I think is funny.

In that case, I pretend not to laugh.

June Hughes
Old 24-02-2007, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , BAC
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , 'Mike'
writes
From a recent posting:

snip

Over many years, I have found Andy Mabbett to be friendly and
knowledgeable. Perhaps he has got a bit fed-up with the carping on
Usenet?

He has been posting on uk.environment.conservation for a while now,
primarily, it seems, to feud with Angus Macmillan, so the evidence suggests
he is far from fed up either with carping or usenet.

Some people just rub each other up the wrong way. I am trying to learn
to ignore those who have a go at me. It's quite easy when you decided
to do it.
--
June Hughes

Ping Andy Mabbett Mike United Kingdom 1 13-11-2005 05:00 PM
[IBC] Mushin-- not what you do to tater tots [Was: [IBC] Craig & Andy-- Han Shan (Kanzan) & Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 20-09-2003 11:32 PM
[IBC] Craig & Andy-- Han Shan (Kanzan) & She De (Jittoku) [WAS: [IBC] Japanese terms in bons Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 17-09-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] internetbonsaiclub_ibcgallery : Bonsai InSites changed tree/pots from booklet, For Andy R. dalecochoy Bonsai 0 02-08-2003 06:02 PM
Mazda (was Another of Andy Mabbets ISP accounts for trolling) Ophelia United Kingdom 1 24-03-2003 09:56 PM