Old 19-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Tara

Default repot a plant

Hi there,

I am new to this group and basically not good at gardening
We have a plant, my boyfriend calls it a "money tree" but i have been
looking for pictures of money trees on the net and they dont look like it.

I took pictures of it he
http://www.thefog.hotlinks.co.uk/moneytree003.jpg
and http://www.thefog.hotlinks.co.uk/moneytree002.jpg

A) I am worried because it has little white spots on its leaves and though i
am not an expert i think it s bad news.
B) I want to repot it but every single plant i have repotted before have
died pretty much straight away, one of my friends told me to make sure it
was well watered, but I am not sure it applies to this plant as i havent
been watering it everyday, just like once every three weeks.

help! I want to repot it, get rid of the white spots and look after it
properly and I dont know how to do it,

anybody got any advice about this for me please?

Tara

Old 19-04-2003, 12:44 AM
david

It's a crassula.see
http://www.bcss-liverpool.pwp.blueyo...sula_ovata.htm

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 19-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Tara

Thank you!!!

Old 20-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Hussein M.

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:03:28 +0100, "Tara" no_email wrote:

Thank you!!!

Well Tara,

Your plea for help was so endearing (unlike some) so The Helpful
Monkey David gave you a link for which I should ultimately be indebted
to you.

There is a Crassula in an old folks home I know and it is in an area
which is very well lit and not heated in winter. The old ducks have to
go through this area which is rather like a corridor on their way to
the dining room. I bet they wish it was heated but I am sure they put
up with it for the sake of the Crassula. Yes it flowers, and
magnificently. I have one too and it's never responded but always
getting bigger and droopier in it's pot and reminiscent of student
digs (it seems to grow, after a fashion, anywhere).

Mine is going straight outside to the front bed in a hole still in
it's pot but into a hole filled with gravel (for easy drainage - I'll
say how much water thank you weather).

I'll talk to it when the first frosts are imminent. Every bulbous
leaf has the chance of rooting to form a new plant so they are
incredibly easy to propagate. Also I've noticed that it sends up new
growth from the base quite readily and it may even survive as long as
the ground and root ball don't freeze solid and burst all the cells.
"david" wrote in message
It's a crassula.see
http://www.bcss-liverpool.pwp.blueyo...sula_ovata.htm

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.

To Repot or Not to Repot Jane Orchids 5 01-09-2008 04:31 PM
repot tahiti lime plant :S danny22 United Kingdom 1 17-08-2008 07:43 AM
To repot or not to repot, that is the question Jane Orchids 21 03-04-2007 05:32 AM
When To Repot Corn Plant? stormylm Plant Biology 0 03-02-2007 04:39 PM
rubber plant repot help please asdf Gardening 1 04-09-2004 03:57 AM