Old 12-03-2007, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default honeysuckle

It's a fairly boring question.
I have cut a square (eventually) in the concrete path up against the
garage wall and plan to put in a lonicera japonica "Halliana" simply
because we have one and there's nowhere else to put it. The location is
almost northfacing and only gets an hour of sunlight in the summer
during the late afternoon. Will it do OK I wonder or will it just sit
there? Will I rue the day i planted it?

www.wildpoppy.com
Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"hugh_j" wildpoppy@invalid wrote in message
It's a fairly boring question.
I have cut a square (eventually) in the concrete path up against the
garage wall and plan to put in a lonicera japonica "Halliana" simply
because we have one and there's nowhere else to put it. The location is
almost northfacing and only gets an hour of sunlight in the summer
during the late afternoon. Will it do OK I wonder or will it just sit
there? Will I rue the day i planted it?

www.wildpoppy.com

should be fine, its only normally a problem if in a dry spot, with its roots
under concrete it should be happy.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 12-03-2007, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:
"hugh_j" wildpoppy@invalid wrote in message
It's a fairly boring question.
I have cut a square (eventually) in the concrete path up against the
garage wall and plan to put in a lonicera japonica "Halliana" simply
because we have one and there's nowhere else to put it. The location is
almost northfacing and only gets an hour of sunlight in the summer
during the late afternoon. Will it do OK I wonder or will it just sit
there? Will I rue the day i planted it?

www.wildpoppy.com

should be fine, its only normally a problem if in a dry spot, with its roots
under concrete it should be happy.

Jolly good. It's in now. Thanks very much.

--
http://www.wildpoppy.com/wordpress
Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , hugh_j
writes
It's a fairly boring question.
I have cut a square (eventually) in the concrete path up against the
garage wall and plan to put in a lonicera japonica "Halliana" simply
because we have one and there's nowhere else to put it. The location is
almost northfacing and only gets an hour of sunlight in the summer
during the late afternoon. Will it do OK I wonder or will it just sit
there? Will I rue the day i planted it?

We have three, all ancient and all neglected, facing in various
directions. Yours should be OK.
--
June Hughes