Old 25-04-2007, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Christine in Devon

Christine Walkden came here today with a BBC Countryfile crew to shoot some
footage for a new series to start showing in August. She's been here before
and Ray met her but I have never done so before. She's a thoroughly nice,
down to earth, enthusiastic, woman and it was a delight not to see any
diva-ish behaviour! When they were discussing possible locations and
setting up for shots, Christine was either happily talking plants to Ray or
wandering around looking at them on her own. And one thing impressed me
very much - as the crew was packing up and leaving, she came to the door and
asked someone to find me so that she could say goodbye and thank you
personally. An awful lots of people, let alone well known ones, don't
bother with small courtesies like that and attention to them reveals a lot
about a person, IME and IMO.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 25-04-2007, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Christine Walkden came here today with a BBC Countryfile crew to shoot
some

:-((

Name dropping knows no bounds with you does is Sacha?

Shall I tell you about Chris Denham who lives down your way? No doubt you
are well squinted with him? Popped over to see me a short while back. You do
'of course' know Chris Denham of Denham Studios? He's the chap who does the
Rick Stein programmes.
Runs around in an old vintage Rover Drop Head Coupe don't you know, have you
seen it? Not visited you? Well ............

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 25-04-2007, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote:

Name dropping knows no bounds with you does is Sacha?

Shall I tell you about Chris Denham who lives down your way? No doubt you
are well squinted with him?

What a terribly sour person you are, Mike!

Probably just the weather. If it's any consolation, it's no better on this
side of the pond.

Old 25-04-2007, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gary Woods wrote:
: "'Mike'" wrote:
:
:: Name dropping knows no bounds with you does is Sacha?
::
:: Shall I tell you about Chris Denham who lives down your way? No
:: doubt you are well squinted with him?
:
: What a terribly sour person you are, Mike!
:
Probably why I didn't see his message

Old 25-04-2007, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote:

Name dropping knows no bounds with you does is Sacha?

Shall I tell you about Chris Denham who lives down your way? No doubt you
are well squinted with him?

What a terribly sour person you are, Mike!

Don't you like my name dropping?

Oh dear :-((

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 25-04-2007, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message
Gary Woods wrote:
: "'Mike'" wrote:
:
:: Name dropping knows no bounds with you does is Sacha?
::
:: Shall I tell you about Chris Denham who lives down your way? No
:: doubt you are well squinted with him?
:
: What a terribly sour person you are, Mike!
:
Probably why I didn't see his message

Don't you like my name dropping either?

Oh dear :-((

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 25-04-2007, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote:

Name dropping knows no bounds with you does is Sacha?

Shall I tell you about Chris Denham who lives down your way? No doubt you
are well squinted with him?

What a terribly sour person you are, Mike!

Don't you like my name dropping?

Oh dear :-((

Mike

Are your radishes ready already then Mike, because I see you are
repeating yourself! :-)
Old 25-04-2007, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message

Don't you like my name dropping?

Oh dear :-((

Mike

Are your radishes ready already then Mike, because I see you are repeating
yourself! :-)

Nice one :-))

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 25-04-2007, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
Christine Walkden came here today with a BBC Countryfile crew to shoot some
footage for a new series to start showing in August.

Snip
And one thing impressed me
very much - as the crew was packing up and leaving, she came to the door and
asked someone to find me so that she could say goodbye and thank you
personally. An awful lots of people, let alone well known ones, don't
bother with small courtesies like that and attention to them reveals a lot
about a person, IME and IMO.

I couldn't have imagined her any other way ... but isn't it a sad
comment on today that you actually notice that people say thank you,
because so many don't?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 25-04-2007, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/4/07 20:10, in article , "Klara"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
Christine Walkden came here today with a BBC Countryfile crew to shoot some
footage for a new series to start showing in August.

Snip
And one thing impressed me
very much - as the crew was packing up and leaving, she came to the door and
asked someone to find me so that she could say goodbye and thank you
personally. An awful lots of people, let alone well known ones, don't
bother with small courtesies like that and attention to them reveals a lot
about a person, IME and IMO.

I couldn't have imagined her any other way ... but isn't it a sad
comment on today that you actually notice that people say thank you,
because so many don't?

It is, isn't it? We'd given them coffee & cake etc. but done no more than
anyone would but I've met enough celebs, high profile and half way, to know
that they can take all that for granted. I thought very highly of her for
making a personal farewell and thank you. She was just so 'unfussy' and as
I think this group has thought of her, genuine about her love of plants. We
were very glad to see that she was doing straightforward gardening
presenting, too and just being herself! I hope there's a LOT more of that
in the pipeline for her.

Old 25-04-2007, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 25/4/07 20:10, in article ,
"Klara"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
[...]

So do I, because the Christine and Reg "banter" drives me nuts, I can't
watch. Last week when they were doing the onions etc for the show was
particularly excruciating. I'll watch the new series though, and look out
for Sacha and Ray. Although my limited experience of TV tells me we'll not
have to blink.

How's Ray's hand after the dog bite BTW?

Steve

Old 25-04-2007, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/4/07 23:18, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip
I thought very highly of her for
making a personal farewell and thank you. She was just so 'unfussy' and
as
I think this group has thought of her, genuine about her love of plants.
We
were very glad to see that she was doing straightforward gardening
presenting, too and just being herself! I hope there's a LOT more of that
in the pipeline for her.

So do I, because the Christine and Reg "banter" drives me nuts, I can't
watch. Last week when they were doing the onions etc for the show was
particularly excruciating. I'll watch the new series though, and look out
for Sacha and Ray. Although my limited experience of TV tells me we'll not
have to blink.

How's Ray's hand after the dog bite BTW?

Steve

I don't think there'll be any Reg and Christine banter in this and we feel
just as you do about that. IRL, she's a real plantswoman with an impressive
CV and we feel/hope this programme will let that come across properly. She
knows her stuff, no doubt about it but she doesn't make a big fuss of it,
either. As they spent just the morning here from 0830 to 1230 I should
think we might get ten seconds of TV time. ;-) Look out for Ray, not me.
I was in the background taking our own photos for the family album. ;-)
I know the series starts in August but no idea when we'll be on. Never
having met her before, she just struck me as totally professional both for
the TV crew and as to the plants and absolutely her true self. Thoroughly
nice woman.

Old 26-04-2007, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/4/07 23:53, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 25/4/07 23:18, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

snip

How's Ray's hand after the dog bite BTW?

Steve

snip
Thoroughly
nice woman.

Ah, sorry, forgot to answer the dog bite question. On the whole, much
improved, though he still can't completely close his forefinger to his
thumb.

Old 26-04-2007, 07:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

I've met enough celebs, high profile and half way,

--
Sacha

But of course you have Sacha, we all have at one time or other, but aren't
you going to drop a few more names on us?

Did I tell you I was with Prince Charles and Camilla in Westminster Abbey
last September? No? Well I must some time. And my invitation to St James'
Palace a few years back? I had to decline due to other commitments.

:-(((((

You sad sad sad old woman

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 26-04-2007, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi Sacha,

Well done.

Believe it or not, this is vital, standard practice in the media. It's a
very imporant part of the job. - to acknowledge help given and to say a
courteous goodbye.

This is not only for politeness sake, (although it most likely is from
most). It's essential to keep up the profile of the outlet one is working
for - and you genuinely never know when might have to return.

Best wishes from a, part-early-retired, 'meedja type'.

Keith

. uk...