Old 27-04-2007, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Overwatering & Underwatering seeds

I have not had much luck with getting my seeds to grow so far this year and
was wondering if maybe I am overwatering the seeds too much. On gardeners
world they suggested sitting the seed tray in water until the top of the
soil was moist to save distrubing the seeds. I have tried this method but
it seems to have had bad results with germination.

Does anyone else use this method and what were your results like?

Donna

Old 27-04-2007, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Donna (UK) wrote:

I have not had much luck with getting my seeds to grow so far this year and
was wondering if maybe I am overwatering the seeds too much. On gardeners
world they suggested sitting the seed tray in water until the top of the
soil was moist to save distrubing the seeds. I have tried this method but
it seems to have had bad results with germination.

Does anyone else use this method and what were your results like?

Never tried that but some people recommend spraying water softly, making
things humid rather than literally watered.

Greg
--

You may ask yourself, how do I work this?

No ficus = no spam

Am I overwatering or underwatering? (Or neither?) [email protected] Gardening 4 27-04-2007 10:47 PM
[IBC] Natural Overwatering - Rain Ethan Smith Bonsai 1 16-08-2005 06:06 PM
Overwatering sharoncapps Roses 2 14-06-2004 06:02 PM
Krimson King Problems - Overwatering? AuralFeast Gardening 1 26-07-2003 10:42 PM
unintentional overwatering ? len Edible Gardening 5 24-06-2003 06:30 AM