Old 12-05-2007, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Open gardens

seveniron wrote:
Used to love visiting gardens with my father many moons ago.
Brooksby agricultural college open day was a highlight, Ingarsby Hall
also was worth a visit though open days were rare.
My wife and I turned up at Barnsdale a little late so will try again
this weekend. Can anyone recommend any gardens within easy reach of
east Leicestershire?
Feel the need to cut down the rounds of golf and get 'ate and abate' :0)

The "Yellow Book" is actually on line for free at:
http://www.ngs.org.uk/gen/garden_finder.aspx

Complete with useful search tools.

pk

Old 12-05-2007, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/5/07 14:28, in article , "p.k."
wrote:

seveniron wrote:
Used to love visiting gardens with my father many moons ago.
Brooksby agricultural college open day was a highlight, Ingarsby Hall
also was worth a visit though open days were rare.
My wife and I turned up at Barnsdale a little late so will try again
this weekend. Can anyone recommend any gardens within easy reach of
east Leicestershire?
Feel the need to cut down the rounds of golf and get 'ate and abate' :0)

The "Yellow Book" is actually on line for free at:
http://www.ngs.org.uk/gen/garden_finder.aspx

Complete with useful search tools.

pk

It is indeed and it's useful for planned trips. But it's very handy to have
the actual book in the car so that, if you're out somewhere, you can, on a
whim, check to see if there's something open nearby.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 12-05-2007, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 May, 23:25, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)"
wrote:
Would you ever expect anything else from someone like her.
Perhaps of more importance than a picture of her dirty thumbnail is that
fact that she is trying to reduce the funding of the yellow book by
disseminating info to anyone who is too mean to buy a very worthwhile
publication

My thumbnail is a gardener's thumbnail. Don't expect manicure. I am
not trying to reduce the funding of charity - what on earth are you
trying to imply here? I've just made hundreds of pounds for a local
charity via the sale of raffle tickets at our last Festival last week,
pledged hundreds of pounds every year to various charities via my
organisation.

It is simply amazing that because Sacha thought I was lying and that
I've prooved I had the ngs book, you both manage to come up with yet
again more fabricated reasons and lies about me. You both look
desperately insane, sad and vulgar.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/5/07 17:01, in article
, "La Puce"

wrote:
[...]

I did not think you were 'lying, nor did I say that you were. It is you who
have leaped to that conclusion. I said that if you had the book you would
know the correct price. As it is, I find it astonishing that you - who were
yourself incredulous at the price you posted - didn't double check it first.
And posting a photo of an unidentified hand holding the book doesn't mean a
thing. It's ludicrous! It just shows the really unbalanced lengths you'll
go to trying to claw back some credibility on here after your previous
behaviour. I corrected you perfectly politely and *instantly* the insults
came flying.
You are most truly your own worst enemy.

Old 13-05-2007, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
writes

Would you ever expect anything else from someone like her.
Perhaps of more importance than a picture of her dirty thumbnail is that
fact that she is trying to reduce the funding of the yellow book by
disseminating info to anyone who is too mean to buy a very worthwhile
publication.

I look forward to its release every year and of course you can usually
get your own county pages free at most libraries etc.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 13-05-2007, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12 May, 18:18, Sacha wrote:
I did not think you were 'lying, nor did I say that you were. It is you who
have leaped to that conclusion. I said that if you had the book you would
know the correct price. As it is, I find it astonishing that you - who were
yourself incredulous at the price you posted - didn't double check it first.
And posting a photo of an unidentified hand holding the book doesn't mean a
thing. It's ludicrous! It just shows the really unbalanced lengths you'll
go to trying to claw back some credibility on here after your previous
behaviour. I corrected you perfectly politely and *instantly* the insults
came flying.

Oh Sacha, Sacha ... Put yourself in my place for a second. Our history
in urg for almost 2 years has been so tense, so ridiculously
incomprehensible that you have reduced me to this. I cannot take any
of the words that you address to me as kind nor friendly. Even the
above suggest on one hand that you didn't think I lied, but in the
same paragraph you then say that you are again doubting my picture,
doubting my hand, my book, my computer.

How can we ever take your words as genuinely felt when you are so
vicious? It is and will never be possible for me to like you, nor to
be friends with you. Too much has happened. You cannot be stable in
your mind for having done what you have done to me over the months.
You have perhaps some grounds to be mad at me, for I tell you what I
really think of you, but these issues are only there because you have
initiated them. I have no bother with anyone else's but you. Just go
back to some of your last posts - take the one you sent to Angela and
Dwayne. You jump to conclusion all the time. You thought they'd
'advertised' and you were rude. But Angela was kind enough not to turn
your nasty comment into a querell.

It is you who 'jump' to conclusion. You think you know everybody. This
superiority that people complain to you about is truly your downfall.
If you would be kinder, less rude in your words you wouldn't have so
many people not liking you. I have never told anyone to killfile you.
You have written to many to killfile me and as a result I have lost
contact with some very important and interesting people in here. It is
a shame that you cannot for a second shut your mouth and just let
others be who they are. And you have brought the worst out of me -
everybody has a bad side, but boy, you have brought me to furry. But
never again.

We are also noticing that you have a sig lenghth of 5 lines. Yes 'we'
- that is 3 urglers. Are you not the one in urg constantly harrassing
an urgler for having a sig with a business link on it with more than 4
lines?

I have the ngs book as shown on my picture. I have not tried to
destroy the charity. I have not tried to stop people from buying the
book. It's in your head, everything is in your head. I have tons of
credibility, you just dont know who people are - perhaps if you'd
stand by yourself and show us what YOU do, and what YOU can do, you
wouldn't feel the need to scratch me at every opportunity out of pure
jealousy.

I will never ever be your friend Sacha. You just have no kindness, no
sweetness, no humour, no generosity beside your pursuit of some
pretentious aristocratic status and the knowledge, history and hard
work of others which you use to attract people. By yourself you are
very little but a bitter old lady.

Old 13-05-2007, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/5/07 10:16, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

snip
I will never ever be your friend Sacha. You just have no kindness, no
sweetness, no humour, no generosity beside your pursuit of some
pretentious aristocratic status and the knowledge, history and hard
work of others which you use to attract people. By yourself you are
very little but a bitter old lady.

Nice try at character assassination but as I've said, your past speaks for
you. The only person here obsessed with my 'status' is you.
if I pass on information given to me by Ray to help others here, I say so,
and unlike your references to 'my office', I don't call this 'my nursery',
so I'm afraid you're wrong all round. As to being bitter and old, not only
am I not bitter, I'm probably at one of the two happiest stages of my own
life and can only wonder why you 'regard' the word 'old' as an insult.
Being in your mid forties, you yourself have quite possibly lived more years
than you have left and one can only hope that when you're 61 you will
realise that 'old' is a state of mind, not a set of figures. You're a very
jealous woman with a wide vicious streak, a nasty temper and a good line in
invective and sadly that's all you are. You leaped in as per usual, gave
duff information, as so often happens and then have gone off the deep end
because it is I who corrected you. That, poor Puce, is the end of the
matter. Ramble on.

Old 13-05-2007, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 May, 11:08, Sacha wrote:
if I pass on information given to me by Ray to help others here, I say so,
and unlike your references to 'my office', I don't call this 'my nursery',

We have previously established that my workplace is indeed 'my office'
and that Hillhouse is not 'your nursery'. Don't take it further Sacha.
Please don't.

Old 13-05-2007, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 May, 00:26, Janet Tweedy wrote:
I look forward to its release every year and of course you can usually
get your own county pages free at most libraries etc.

You know I didn't know that. I will make sure that I tell people when
they ask me.