Old 04-05-2007, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Open gardens

Used to love visiting gardens with my father many moons ago.
Brooksby agricultural college open day was a highlight, Ingarsby Hall also
was worth a visit though open days were rare.
My wife and I turned up at Barnsdale a little late so will try again this
weekend. Can anyone recommend any gardens within easy reach of east
Leicestershire?
Feel the need to cut down the rounds of golf and get 'ate and abate' :0)

--
Rog
http://www.rog.richieward.com

Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"seveniron" wrote in message
Used to love visiting gardens with my father many moons ago.
Brooksby agricultural college open day was a highlight, Ingarsby Hall also
was worth a visit though open days were rare.
My wife and I turned up at Barnsdale a little late so will try again this
weekend. Can anyone recommend any gardens within easy reach of east
Leicestershire?
Feel the need to cut down the rounds of golf and get 'ate and abate' :0)

Some garden centres have books listing open gardens in their area.

Alan

Old 05-05-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rog Rog is offline

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"seveniron" wrote in message
Used to love visiting gardens with my father many moons ago.
Brooksby agricultural college open day was a highlight, Ingarsby Hall
also was worth a visit though open days were rare.
My wife and I turned up at Barnsdale a little late so will try again this
weekend. Can anyone recommend any gardens within easy reach of east
Leicestershire?
Feel the need to cut down the rounds of golf and get 'ate and abate' :0)

Some garden centres have books listing open gardens in their area.

Alan

Thanks Alan will check at Barnsdale tomorrow

--
Rog
http://www.rog.richieward.com

Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"seveniron" wrote in message
Used to love visiting gardens with my father many moons ago.
Brooksby agricultural college open day was a highlight, Ingarsby Hall
also was worth a visit though open days were rare.
My wife and I turned up at Barnsdale a little late so will try again this
weekend. Can anyone recommend any gardens within easy reach of east
Leicestershire?
Feel the need to cut down the rounds of golf and get 'ate and abate' :0)

Some garden centres have books listing open gardens in their area.

Alan

Thanks Alan will check at Barnsdale tomorrow

You could also look out for the Yellow Book at garden centres and bookshops.
That lists gardens open for charity throughout the whole country, with dates
and times.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 07-05-2007, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 5/5/07 22:48, in article , "Rog"

"seveniron" wrote in message
[...]

But the local ones are free!

The country wide ones are fairly expensive, and I am very careful with my
money!(:-)

Old 09-05-2007, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5 May, 22:48, "Rog" wrote:
Used to love visiting gardens with my father many moons ago.
Brooksby agricultural college open day was a highlight, Ingarsby Hall
also was worth a visit though open days were rare.
My wife and I turned up at Barnsdale a little late so will try again this
weekend. Can anyone recommend any gardens within easy reach of east
Leicestershire?
Feel the need to cut down the rounds of golf and get 'ate and abate' :0)

Some garden centres have books listing open gardens in their area.

Thanks Alan will check at Barnsdale tomorrow

The yellow book cost 16 squids! I've got it - just tell me where
you're heading and I could check what's on for you. It will save you
time and money )

Just booked Tatoon Park (and did Harrogate a couple of weeks ago and
Harlow Carr). Harrogate was such a disappointment. Full of tat stalls
- the amount of rubbish compared with the amount of plants on display
was terrible. Ate a gorgeous bacon and mushrooms butty though.

Anyone's doing Tatoon on the 18th July (RHS members only)? We could
meet for a cuppa cha )

Old 09-05-2007, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.ngs.org.uk/gen/default.aspx?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

You could also look out for the Yellow Book at garden centres and bookshops.
That lists gardens open for charity throughout the whole country, with dates
and times.

Also in most libraries Sacha, at least around here. All counties are
searchable via the NGS website.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 May, 23:29, Sacha wrote:
It costs £7.99 and if you have it you should know that.

Oops. True, it's 7.99. Don't know why I thought it was more expensive.
I recently bought a few books (notably the Metric handbook by Tott and
Hadler which set me back 27 quids!). But you wouldn't now what to do
with it. No, we don't put jam on it.

Below find a picture of my hand, my ngs book and this reply to you on
my computer made 2 minutes ago. Is this proof enough your majesty?

http://cjoint.com/?flmMSPjh3q

Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/5/07 11:43, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 10 May, 23:29, Sacha wrote:
It costs £7.99 and if you have it you should know that.

Oops. True, it's 7.99. Don't know why I thought it was more expensive.
I recently bought a few books (notably the Metric handbook by Tott and
Hadler which set me back 27 quids!). But you wouldn't now what to do
with it. No, we don't put jam on it.

Below find a picture of my hand, my ngs book and this reply to you on
my computer made 2 minutes ago. Is this proof enough your majesty?

http://cjoint.com/?flmMSPjh3q

Grow up, Puce. I'm really not interested in photos of you or in your puerile
insults. None of them. Yet again, you've leaped in, given duff information
and perhaps would have put some people off buying a very useful book that
assists charity if you hadn't been corrected.
We hear "oops" from you an awful lot, couched in one form or another.
Perhaps you could check such simple facts before posting - matters of
opinion can be excusably wrong, especially from those we know we can trust
to have made every effort to get things right. Book prices are matters of
fact.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 May, 12:01, Sacha wrote:
Grow up, Puce.

And look and sound like you?! No thank you. I prefer staying how I am.
You, on the other hand should remove the broom handle from your
backside and give people like us a rest.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 May, 12:16, Sacha wrote:
Oh dear, she's off again.......

No Sacha. It's you who's off. Well off in fact, as usual. You ought to
get out more and see how the other side lives.

vulgar, loud-mouthed, insulting and WRONG.

But you enjoy it don't you. If you didn't you wouldn't try to poke at
me once in a while. What's up? Did you forget to take your meds?!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 11/5/07 12:04, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 11 May, 12:01, Sacha wrote:
Grow up, Puce.

And look and sound like you?! No thank you. I prefer staying how I am.
You, on the other hand should remove the broom handle from your
backside and give people like us a rest.

Oh dear, she's off again.......vulgar, loud-mouthed, insulting and WRONG.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)
Devon County Show 17-19 May
http://www.devoncountyshow.co.uk/

Would you ever expect anything else from someone like her.
Perhaps of more importance than a picture of her dirty thumbnail is that
fact that she is trying to reduce the funding of the yellow book by
disseminating info to anyone who is too mean to buy a very worthwhile
publication.