Old 12-05-2007, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Electric Strimmers.

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message
All the brush cutters I've found listed have one of those "useless
triangular things", so how do you find and fit a blade like you recommend?
Thanks

You should be able to get them from a stockist of Ryobi strimmers. Mine is
model RK-34. Bought it in France, but they are sold internationally so that
should not be a problem. After wearing out my "triangular one" that came
with the strimmer I asked the manager of the store what he recommended for
tackling brambles and he pointed out the rectangular blade type. They are
heavier than the triangular one and sharpened on both sides so a blunt blade
can simply be flipped over and used the other way up. The mounting hole is
identical to the triangular blades. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the
heavy rectangular mower like blade turned out to be far more effective than
the triangular one, but somewhat more dangerous too.

David.

Old 13-05-2007, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jabber" wrote in message

Thanks for all the advise on Electric Strimmers now its make your mind up
time, thanks again.